• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Honestly can someone please tell me what the forced agenda is in this game?

User Info: truth14

truth14
3 days ago#11
Mr_Grumbles posted...
Father figures are bad.

???????
(message deleted)

User Info: ssjgohhku

ssjgohhku
3 days ago#13
jazsper77 posted...
Being part of the LGBTQI is 5% of the population, that’s not normal in any math chart . Facts and stats don’t care about feelings

Well only 300 million out of 7 billion people are americans aka from the United States so being american isn‘t normal.
Mr_Grumbles posted...
Father figures are bad.
Don't forget that Joel is white, that means he is very bad
BurningVigor posted...
Wow look at how strong women are. So independent and capable. Look Abby so big and strong not like the typical women. She can take on several men all at once. Pregnant women are strong too don't look down on them. They are brave and beautiful.

Look at all the men who die. Women should be the only ones who live. Men are toxic and dumb.

This whole game is like rawr I'm not a conventional female. Women can be men too but better. It's the same thing like the Star Wars, ghost busters, terminator, etc etc. It's a narrative that's been constantly preached down your throat.

It's really not, though. I think the existence of these strong women is what you may have a problem with, because this game doesn't paint anyone under a better or worse light for something they were born with. There is barely any attention drawn to how "stronk and gr8 the femmes r" other than a few throwaway likes at Abby's arms.

Edit: I think my point is backed up by you lugging Ghostbuster's and Star Wars with TLoU. You're hopping on a bandwagon rather than really thinking about what these properties are saying. Ghostbusters I don't think has more than two men in the movie that aren't actually braindead. That's nowhere near the level of TLoU, which is literally just people minding their own business, not pointing out, "look at me, I'm a gay lizard trans waman."
"It's hero time!"
Official Zero/One Keyblade of all GameFAQs boards.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: BurningVigor

BurningVigor
3 days ago#16
hisroyalbonkess posted...
It's really not, though. I think the existence of these strong women is what you may have a problem with, because this game doesn't paint anyone under a better or worse light for something they were born with. There is barely any attention drawn to how "stronk and gr8 the femmes r" other than a few throwaway likes at Abby's arms.

Edit: I think my point is backed up by you lugging Ghostbuster's and Star Wars with TLoU. You're hopping on a bandwagon rather than really thinking about what these properties are saying. Ghostbusters I don't think has more than two men in the movie that aren't actually braindead. That's nowhere near the level of TLoU, which is literally just people minding their own business, not pointing out, "look at me, I'm a gay lizard trans waman."

My favorite movies had very strong female characters. Aliens and Terminator 2 are my all time favorite movies.

Just compare Ripley, Sarah Conner, Rodriguez, to modern take on strong women. They stood on their own without belittling men. At least in the older movies before the whole new wave woke.

Plus I like a lot of strong females in video games.

TLOU2 isn't as pronounced as some movies but it's definitly there to make a statement. If you don't think so, you're completely blind.

User Info: boxington

boxington
3 days ago#17
^ you're cherry picking different aspects of those movies to try to make a point about TLoU2.

TLoU2 does no more to "belittle men" than Alien(s) or the first two Terminators, for example.

Ellie and Abby are capable for different reasons that aren't at the expense of any male characters in the game.

b-bb-box
https://imgur.com/8D3HM7e - by Proofpyros

User Info: clo24

clo24
3 days ago#18
Yeah I just someone on the ps4 make the assumption that there is some political agenda.

After playing and beating the game it really is just another story nothing more nothing less.

Gameplay and graphics are awesome, wish they had a mp like the 1st one.

User Info: TchaosT

TchaosT
3 days ago#19
BurningVigor posted...
Wow look at how strong women are. So independent and capable. Look Abby so big and strong not like the typical women. She can take on several men all at once. Pregnant women are strong too don't look down on them. They are brave and beautiful.

Look at all the men who die. Women should be the only ones who live. Men are toxic and dumb.

This whole game is like rawr I'm not a conventional female. Women can be men too but better. It's the same thing like the Star Wars, ghost busters, terminator, etc etc. It's a narrative that's been constantly preached down your throat.

There's your answer. Thread can be closed.

User Info: TheOtherMike

TheOtherMike
3 days ago#20
BurningVigor posted...
Just compare Ripley, Sarah Conner, Rodriguez, to modern take on strong women. They stood on their own without belittling men.

Sarah Connor rips into Dyson because "men only know how to destroy, you'll never know what it's like to grow a life inside you." It might have been exclusive to the DC, I haven't watched the theatrical cut in like 20 years.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Honestly can someone please tell me what the forced agenda is in this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A