• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. how do upgrades work in new game plus if you drop the difficulty?

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
3 days ago#1
I played the game on Moderate and collected everything. However, there aren't enough resources to do all the upgrades in a single play through, so I was going to start a second play through.

I thought I might fiddle with the difficulty depending on the sub-chapters and I didn't know if that would mess up trying to do all the upgrades? Do I need to stick with Moderate+ or can I adjust up or down whenever I want as long as I don't care about getting a trophy for finishing a play through on Hard or Survivor?

If I just played on Light+ would I get more resources than Moderate+ and so finish off the upgrades earlier for both Ellie and Abby?
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
3 days ago#2
You can go up or down in difficulty and it doesn't effect your already gathered upgrades. You tend to get more resources on easier difficulties.

User Info: papayapanda

papayapanda
3 days ago#3
Is there anyway to get infinite ammo in this game? :-( I'd like to go full aggro on my new game plus playthrough.
Bleep blorp, I am an unfeeling ConstitutionBot. Laws are static and not open to interpretation. KLANK! What is this hu-man emotion called... love?-Swedish sven

User Info: TheOtherMike

TheOtherMike
3 days ago#4
Supplements and parts are static in location and quantity regardless of difficulty. Only crafting materials are effected by difficulty. And there are no trophies for Hard/Survivor completion.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
3 days ago#5
papayapanda posted...
Is there anyway to get infinite ammo in this game? :-( I'd like to go full aggro on my new game plus playthrough.
This isn't that type of game. Various settings in the Accessibility options menu to make enemies dumber and stuff like that, but that's the best you're going to get.

User Info: kasplat360

kasplat360
3 days ago#6
papayapanda posted...

If you customize the difficulty options from Light+ you could go full rambo as long as you don't miss a lot. I wouldn't want auto-aim, but enough resources to use more mines, molotovs, etc. would be sort of fun.

User Info: papayapanda

papayapanda
3 days ago#7
Thank you both for the suggestions.
Bleep blorp, I am an unfeeling ConstitutionBot. Laws are static and not open to interpretation. KLANK! What is this hu-man emotion called... love?-Swedish sven

User Info: Boutchie23

Boutchie23
3 days ago#8
TheOtherMike posted...
Supplements and parts are static in location and quantity regardless of difficulty. Only crafting materials are effected by difficulty. And there are no trophies for Hard/Survivor completion.
Wait, really?
PSN | Mandein

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
3 days ago#9
Boutchie23 posted...
Wait, really?
No. Because once you're maxed, they stop appearing, thus making their locations not fixed.

User Info: TheOtherMike

TheOtherMike
3 days ago#10
chrisat928 posted...
No. Because once you're maxed, they stop appearing, thus making their locations not fixed.

True, but until you're maxed they are fixed.

Side note: I'm annoyed that after I finished upgrading Ellie's skills my supplement inventory reads 14 leftover pills that I can never do anything with. I wish they'd removed the supplement counter from the inventory when you max a character's skills, but oh well. It's an insanely minor nitpick.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. how do upgrades work in new game plus if you drop the difficulty?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A