• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Theory: Dina and JJ are infected

User Info: CalmJester

CalmJester
3 days ago#1
‘I can’t infect you’, Ellie tells Dina, but how does she know that?

She assumes it. Her diary specified that when Dina (or was it Cat?) kissed her for the first time, she shoved her off in a panic. She spent all night freaking out that they would be infected then was hugely relieved the next day when they showed no signs of it.

But Ellie’s mutated strain of Cordyceps doesn’t show visible symptoms. And she and Dina have been swapping plenty of spit.

User Info: 3D3

3D3
3 days ago#2
no
Not changing this sig until I get a hug from Jessica Nigri. started 6/22/2015

User Info: CalmJester

CalmJester
3 days ago#3
yep.

Abby too I think. Pretty sure Elli bit her at one point.

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
3 days ago#4
CalmJester posted...
yep.

Abby too I think. Pretty sure Elli bit her at one point.
If you survive the bite from an infected, you turn within hours.

Ellie bit Abby in the theater.

It was over two years later in Santa Barbara when Ellie finds her in the Rattkers camp.
(edited 3 days ago)
chrisat928 posted...
It was over two years later in Santa Barbara when Ellie finds her in the Rattkers camp.

it was 2 years? how long after she left Dina did Santa Barbara take place?

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Boutchie23

Boutchie23
3 days ago#6
Maybe she infected them with the cure. TLOU 3 is about Ellie travelling around trying to make out with as many people as possible. You need to collect water to stay hydrated enough to have saliva.
PSN | Mandein

User Info: Boutchie23

Boutchie23
3 days ago#7
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Enough time for Dina to deliver and for JJ to be quite large.
PSN | Mandein

User Info: chrisat928

chrisat928
3 days ago#8
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...

On the conservative side, Dina is at around a month pregnant. 9 months for the kid to be born, let;s just assume it was a full term.

When you get to the farm, JJ is at least over a year old. He's able to hold his head up, he has the ability to recognize himself in the mirror, he claps. He responds to external stimuli.

And then the travel from Jackson, Wyoming to Santa Barbara, California would take a couple months on horseback.
(edited 3 days ago)
Boutchie23 posted...
Enough time for Dina to deliver and for JJ to be quite large.

JJ was like 9 months old, and Dina was 2 months in about, so 16 months... maybe 19. I guess 2 years is possible.
Doesn't change your point, of course - it's much too long for Abby to be affected. Was just wondering if they stated the dates.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
3 days ago#10
A twist like that seems hokey and out of tune with this series in general. There is no rhyme or reason to Ellie's immunity, which probably only complicates her feelings further.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Theory: Dina and JJ are infected
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A