• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*

User Info: game_man1

game_man1
3 days ago#21
LawnMowerBob posted...
How is it dumb? Joel spent the entire previous game being wary of strangers, even going so far as to try to kill them. Yet suddenly here he's completely complacent with Abby's group despite having no reason to trust them?

He wasn't complacent, he literally had no choice. If there was some other option they could have taken maybe you'd have a point but in this case it has nothing to do with Joel being out of character and just a case of him being unlucky.

User Info: DX1900

DX1900
3 days ago#22
How about.... people change? Ellie went from 14 to 19, so they were living in peace for 5 f***ing years. If you listen to the dialogue, they also bring in stragglers, feed them, give them supplies and integrate them into their community. Notice how Tommy's first instinct was offering them to come and restock in Jackson.

They became more helpful, caring people. Their first instinct now is to help. But it backfired.

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
3 days ago#23
LawnMowerBob posted...
How is it dumb? Joel spent the entire previous game being wary of strangers, even going so far as to try to kill them. Yet suddenly here he's completely complacent with Abby's group despite having no reason to trust them?
Clearly he didn't, seeing as he was willing to follow two perfect strangers to some hideout that could have been an ambush when there was no need for it.

At least with Abby they had an excuse, because otherwise they would have died to the horde.
League of Legends: http://lan.op.gg/summoner/userName=Scaler
PSN: LightningLoops
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Toonstrack

Toonstrack
3 days ago#24
Joel is dead. Get over it.

User Info: MichaelAngel0

MichaelAngel0
3 days ago#25
LawnMowerBob posted...
You really gonna ignore him going to Henry's unknown location?
Joe Rogan and Killer Mike spitting truth:
https://youtu.be/qFUgN6mWgjU

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
3 days ago#26
PizzaPop posted...
https://i.redd.it/oxe2q8rprv751.png

This proves that Joel completely trusting Abby was out of character for him.

So, if i write a retort to that, and then make it a picture and upload it here, it becomes proof? I didnt know thats how gamefaqs worked :O
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: Kyu410

Kyu410
3 days ago#27
DX1900 posted...
How about.... people change? Ellie went from 14 to 19, so they were living in peace for 5 f***ing years. If you listen to the dialogue, they also bring in stragglers, feed them, give them supplies and integrate them into their community. Notice how Tommy's first instinct was offering them to come and restock in Jackson.

They became more helpful, caring people. Their first instinct now is to help. But it backfired.
Some people think people don't change. Problem with that line of thought though? It means self reflection is impossible in those people's eyes.
I am one of those still annoyed Capcom won't make Megaman Legends 3.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
3 days ago#28
I guess everyone just imagined the whole Henry and Sam section of the first game...

User Info: pwiggler

pwiggler
3 days ago#29
i dont really care either eway, i just want to know WHY they changed joels fate, my suspicion is that Anita used her uh " strong female woman powers" to convince neil, but what value could there have been out of that.
#nogeno#nochief#nosteve#nowah#nocrash#nospyro
New Camp, Team Phoenix, Team Sora, Team VJoe, Team Haseo

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
3 days ago#30
BeefEaster posted...
I guess everyone just imagined the whole Henry and Sam section of the first game...

This is exactly what I think of every damn time.

1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A