• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*

User Info: Dem_Magus

Dem_Magus
1 week ago#11
Yup, but he still ended up with his brains all over Abby's.club
And he's a character. in the game. acting in character.

You're just going to have to accept that by stroke of unfortune he ended up in the worst place to be, in the worst way to be. it is fiction after all. and you can hate that but it is what it is.

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
1 week ago#12
Keep in mind that Tommy was the one to give out their names to a stranger, not Joel, and when mentioning the place her friends are at, Joel simply said he knew of the place, Tommy said that it could work and urged them to go.
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/j886x5) gamer

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
1 week ago#13
"The REAL Joel would have gotten swarmed to death by a 100 infected rather than take a chance to save his own life PROOF INSIDE!"

The internet was a mistake

User Info: TheOtherMike

TheOtherMike
1 week ago#14
Heartfang posted...
"The REAL Joel would have gotten swarmed to death by a 100 infected rather than take a chance to save his own life PROOF INSIDE!"

lol yeah seriously. Trusting Abby was a risk, but the alternative was literally death by zombie horde.

C&P from another topic I posted in:

For all the complaints about Joel blindly trusting Abby and getting caught up with WLF I have to disagree. I don't think he blindly trusted anyone, it was just an impossible situation where the priority was not getting torn to shreds by a horde of runners. As soon as they get to the lodge he's obviously uncomfortable, but by then it's too late. It's very much like how Ellie had no choice but to work with David when a horde attacked them.

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
1 week ago#15
Joel has been in Jackson for years now, Abby is far from the only one he has helped. Also Henry and Sam.

Joel trusts them enough to sleep in the same room as them that soon. Is that out of character to you?

The entire Joel ambush thing is also entirely debunked. They found themselves in a strange mansion immediately outnumbered. No time to even talk amongst themselves. They walk into the next room and Tommy issues a nice gesture because why wouldn’t you? If they have bad intentions you’re f***ed. Rest is history.

User Info: hisroyalbonkess

hisroyalbonkess
1 week ago#16
Wow. This is sad.

1. Sarah was in the car with Joel and Tommy, no surprise Joel didn't want to prioritize someone else's family.

2. I think it's implied Joel or someone he knew/knows has done the trick before, or at least has seen it. Not to mention they didn't have a place to settle, so why help someone who randomly walks in front of their car?

3. J&E weren't near a safe area, and there was no way of knowing who's friendly... Also, to anyone who's played the game, Henry attacks Joel.

Also...
https://i.redd.it/ewhziov61a751.jpg

Joel's character really doesn't change at all. He may be kinder after finding peace with Ellie and Jackson (at least before Ellie found out definitively that Joel lied). It doesn't seem like he smuggles and struggles to survive, he's essentially retired that life.
"It's hero time!"
Official Zero/One Keyblade of all GameFAQs boards.

User Info: Blackstar110

Blackstar110
1 week ago#17
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Personally, I think Joel's struggle between saving Ellie and damning the cure made him try to help people more than he used to. I think it's simply that. He ruined a chance to save everyone, so now he's going to try to save everyone he can. It made him sloppy, but it was his way of atoning for saving Ellie.
That is my view.
or, as the internet says, THIS PROVES MY POINT BECAUSE I SAID IT!!!
This is 100% Proof that Joel was acting in character
-Shred

User Info: game_man1

game_man1
1 week ago#18
This has been by far the dumbest complaint about the game that I keep seeing coming up. Like what the hell was Joel supposed to do in this situation, not trust Abbey and die to the infected? He could have left Abby to die but that wouldn't make sense considering the Jackson Community prides themselves on helping strangers. Even then without Abby Joel and Tommy die to the infected.

Face it, Joel's death is air tight there is nothing about the situation that could have been changed to avoid it.

User Info: Benjatron26354

Benjatron26354
1 week ago#19
You know what? Screw Joel. There I said it. He made a selfish decision at the end of the first game and he paid for it.
He killed Abby’s father causing her to go full Batman and avenge her father’s death.

User Info: LawnMowerBob

LawnMowerBob
1 week ago#20
game_man1 posted...
This has been by far the dumbest complaint about the game that I keep seeing coming up. Like what the hell was Joel supposed to do in this situation, not trust Abbey and die to the infected? He could have left Abby to die but that wouldn't make sense considering the Jackson Community prides themselves on helping strangers. Even then without Abby Joel and Tommy die to the infected.

Face it, Joel's death is air tight there is nothing about the situation that could have been changed to avoid it.

How is it dumb? Joel spent the entire previous game being wary of strangers, even going so far as to try to kill them. Yet suddenly here he's completely complacent with Abby's group despite having no reason to trust them?
Entitled: A word used by fanboys when they can't respond to valid criticism.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A