• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*

User Info: PizzaPop

PizzaPop
1 week ago#1
https://i.redd.it/oxe2q8rprv751.png

This proves that Joel completely trusting Abby was out of character for him.
25+ years of gaming taught me one important life lesson. You normally have to create an alt to defend No Man's Sky.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 week ago#2
It doesn't prove anything. it just states one person's opinion.

Personally, I think Joel's struggle between saving Ellie and damning the cure made him try to help people more than he used to. I think it's simply that. He ruined a chance to save everyone, so now he's going to try to save everyone he can. It made him sloppy, but it was his way of atoning for saving Ellie.
That is my view.
or, as the internet says, THIS PROVES MY POINT BECAUSE I SAID IT!!!

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
1 week ago#3
People really act like this man is the Batman of survival. He knew the Hunter trick, because he was one. He had no reason to distrust Abby, seeing as she was trapped by Infected, who's on her own and looks as if she got trapped by the blizzard.
I saw my chance, so I got him at last, I took his six-shooter, put two in his chest, he'll never say a word no more.
Black Lives Matter.

User Info: scaler24

scaler24
1 week ago#4
I love how they completely brush over the fact that Joel followed the brothers to an unknown location even after he had been left for dead once.

If people are willing to buy that Joel would follow them to a potentially dangerous location where they could be ambushed when there's no immediate threat, then it should be even easier to believe that he would follow a girl he just saved while a massive horde is chasing them.
League of Legends: http://lan.op.gg/summoner/userName=Scaler
PSN: LightningLoops

InhumaneRaider
1 week ago#5
Also, why trust Henry when it could be a setup for an ambush at the new location?
I saw my chance, so I got him at last, I took his six-shooter, put two in his chest, he'll never say a word no more.
Black Lives Matter.

User Info: LawnMowerBob

LawnMowerBob
1 week ago#6
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
It doesn't prove anything. it just states one person's opinion.

It's not an opinion. There was proof provided. Read it again.

Entitled: A word used by fanboys when they can't respond to valid criticism.

User Info: AyumiSqueezetoy

AyumiSqueezetoy
1 week ago#7
LawnMowerBob posted...

it ignores what I stated, and it ignores actions and information other posters have provided in this topic.

I can prove Joel wasn't even in Last of Us 1 if I ignore parts of the game.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

InhumaneRaider
1 week ago#8
LawnMowerBob posted...
"proof" that can be refuted?
Black Lives Matter.

User Info: Anitathequeen

Anitathequeen
1 week ago#9
conveniently leave out he was literally chased into a trap and outnumbered and had no reason to suspect Abby,

back to drawing board crybaby

User Info: MichaelAngel0

MichaelAngel0
1 week ago#10
InhumaneRaider posted...
Also, why trust Henry when it could be a setup for an ambush at the new location?
Not just went to the unknown location, but slept with said stranger in the same location.

As for why he didn't help, when with Tommy....dude had a daughter/child to protect.

If anything, TC proves why Tommy being naive af, at times, is more in his character from the start.
Joe Rogan and Killer Mike spitting truth:
https://youtu.be/qFUgN6mWgjU
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. 100% Proof that Joel was acting out of character *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A