• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?
As a literature teacher, I loved the jumping time frames and multiple perspectives
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. ---Romans 5:8

User Info: jazsper77

jazsper77
3 days ago#52
SolidSnake6785 posted...
As a literature teacher, I loved the jumping time frames and multiple perspectives
Hahahaha. Please tell me the name of the College you teach at so my daughters can avoid it.
hahahaha

User Info: TheOtherMike

TheOtherMike
3 days ago#53
jazsper77 posted...
Hahahaha. Please tell me the name of the College you teach at so my daughters can avoid it.
hahahaha

You do realize that in medias res and multiple povs are well-loved literary traditions, right?
Abby
Joels pointless death
The trash ass ending
Nu gamers..Such a disgrace. Content on spending more for absolute LESS and dont care they are getting ripped off.

User Info: EpicJourney

EpicJourney
3 days ago#55
The game failed to make me care about Abby as a character, forced me to beat the s*** out of Ellie to progress the story, then goes on for another 2-3 hours after it should've ended.
If you don't want none, don't start none.

User Info: clo24

clo24
3 days ago#56
No mp

User Info: Aqua_Light_13

Aqua_Light_13
3 days ago#57
I have three :
-Abby's part halting the entire momentum of the story.
-The way Joel died.
-Too many Abby flashbacks making the pacing even worse.

User Info: greatersphere

greatersphere
3 days ago#58
Just pacing, i was like f*** me 3 more days with Abby after Ellie's? killed the build-up for me a little.
Whatever happens, happens

User Info: dotpatrick

dotpatrick
3 days ago#59
SolidSnake6785 posted...

There isn't a problem inherently with it, but it requires careful crafting and editing. I think Part II fails on this and it results in a story that is poorly paced and felt bloated to me. Like I said in my previous post, I think that I would have liked it a lot more if they did more cutting between the perspectives leading up to everything (like they did in the Jackson segment) and used this to cut down on some of the encounters.
stay golden

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
2 days ago#60
Dem_Magus posted...
It's butthurt fans to be honest.
they'll grasp any straw just to feel justified in their hate.

I agree 100%. Lots of people are upset that the game doesn't fit within their idea of "happy" and are failing to remember the setting that the game takes place in
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A