• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
1 week ago#31
Abby... Abby... A B B Y . . . t5f3g807rx*€/#

User Info: valikkster

valikkster
1 week ago#32
Abby.

User Info: JawlessJack

JawlessJack
1 week ago#33
there was no need to make a sequel. It was fine as a standalone. Just made for money and if that was the end they had in mind it ruins the legacy of the first one. That, and it's a s*** game. Gamers deserve better and must show that with their money. If this is what you want, cool, but not everyone has to agree.
ARISE CHICKEN! ARISE!

User Info: IanGriggSpall

IanGriggSpall
1 week ago#34
I agree with comments on structure / timing. I’d have liked for them to find a way to weave the two paths together during Seattle, like how they did in Jackson. If I replay it, I’ll use chapter select to do that.

i thought it was really jarring to leave us on that huge cliffhanger for 10 hours. When I started the Abby section and started to realize that it was going to be long, on the one hand I was pleased that the game wasn’t nearly over (which I thought it was) but it was a huge tonal shift which killed the story’s momentum.

Linked to that, I thought the story lacked momentum. As Ellie you’re hopping from place to place hoping to find someone who can tell you where Abby is (little do you know she’s moving all over the damn place). It reminded me of the Witcher 3 going all over the world looking for Ciri. As Abby, it just seems like you’re doing random stuff to pass the time, like they had to come up with 3 days of things for her to do. She goes to save the kids because she had a bad dream. Then she treks back and forth to save one of them, only for them to die, rendering it all a waste of time.

By contrast, in the original there was a constant sense of forward momentum and a clear purpose to your journey, which made the ending all the more impactful when Joel turned his back on that purpose. The Uncharted games always had that too, by the way, and you have to wonder if that left the studio with Bruce Straley.
igsy

User Info: DirectorFaden

DirectorFaden
1 week ago#35
The best I can do is narrow it down to my biggest gripes.

The Ellie boss fight, Ellie losing a couple fingers, Dina leaving Ellie, they basically wrecked her.

User Info: KnyghtFall

KnyghtFall
1 week ago#36
The way they told Abby’s story. IMO we would have been more able to empathize with her if we’d seen her story/flashbacks before the incident. Not saying we would have, but still.....that whole “guess who I am” thing was freaking stupid......could have been a lot better.
The Eyes are Useless When the Mind is Blind.
-Unknown

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
1 week ago#37
abby part was the best part.
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: shaselai

shaselai
1 week ago#38
I think the only gripe is a lot of scenes are taken out of our hands. I wished some scenes like nora could be played out instead of QTEs. Neil did say the reason he didn't have player kill joel because Ellie was watching from player's POV so it didn't make sense controlling Abby at that point.
Playing:
Waiting:

User Info: Venger2112

Venger2112
1 week ago#39
Over too soon.
El Psy Kongroo
Tu-tu-ruuu~

User Info: Venger2112

Venger2112
1 week ago#40
shaselai posted...
I think the only gripe is a lot of scenes are taken out of our hands. I wished some scenes like nora could be played out instead of QTEs. Neil did say the reason he didn't have player kill joel because Ellie was watching from player's POV so it didn't make sense controlling Abby at that point.
As much as I wanted to bash Nora's brains in, that scene showed us Ellie being brutal af yet conflicted all the same. It was nice in hindsight but when it happened, I was a little cheesed yeah.
El Psy Kongroo
Tu-tu-ruuu~
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A