• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?
From what I'm gathering, people either didn't like to play as Abby, thought the story was bad with inconsistent characters (?), found the gameplay bland, or just hated the ending.

For me, my biggest complaint is just the camera. It's always on my f***ing ass. I played on hard mode (not survivor) and I felt that the camera wanted me dead more than the enemy AI. Enjoying Very Light mode NG+ so far. The camera isn't nearly as bad when you're a literal God.
"It's hero time!"
Official Zero/One Keyblade of all GameFAQs boards.

User Info: azureflame89

azureflame89
4 days ago#2
The pacing when starting Abby's campaign is awful, made even worse by flashbacks. I was seriously uninterested and a bit pissed but luckily Yara and Lev's inclusion made that campaign interesting.
"A god is not as almighty as I expected" Lezard Valeth
The fact that it was made, hindsight is 20/20 and the sequel never should have happened.

User Info: BrownPack

BrownPack
4 days ago#4
My gripe is just how exploration works in the game. They give you many paths to take at times, and if you screw up and take the designated story path, you can get locked and can't go back, thus missing out on very useful loot or weapons. That's literally my only complaint. I find the story to be absolutely find and the ending perfect.

User Info: rfii

rfii
4 days ago#5
BrownPack posted...
My gripe is just how exploration works in the game. They give you many paths to take at times, and if you screw up and take the designated story path, you can get locked and can't go back, thus missing out on very useful loot or weapons. That's literally my only complaint. I find the story to be absolutely find and the ending perfect.

I turned on navigation assist for this reason. Push L3 and it puts a general arrow towards the story path. The arrow is so general that it doesn't spoil anything nor solve anything substantive for you, but it is great for this exact problem you mention. I also found this problem annoying for God of War.

I think they could have given Abby more personality (like her friends had) and eased us more into playing as her since it felt like all your work building up Ellie went into the garbage w/o warning. I think Abby's first day should have been played midway through Ellie's campaign.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Busard

Busard
4 days ago#6
Characters

TLOU1 was a touching story with likeable and relatable characters.
TLOU2, there's barely a likeable character, even less a relatable one (even Ellie becomes barely recognizable) and the very few that could be considered so (like Yara) have so few screen time, it's like they don't even exist. The only moment when characters didn't fail was Ellie's anniversary, that was pretty much the only touching moment in the whole game.

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
4 days ago#7
That beyond quality of life improvements not much was added to the core game play experience. They could have added more crafting items this time around.
The internet was a mistake

User Info: dotpatrick

dotpatrick
4 days ago#8
I hated the way that they told the story. It is super weird to play 12 hours of game and come this emotional moment and then have it put on hold while you replay the preceding 3 days from another perspective. Doesn’t help that you are also jumping around in the timeline in that section as well.

I think the game would have been better had they intersected everything and cut out some of the fat from both to make everything more impactful.
stay golden

User Info: esadherpes

esadherpes
4 days ago#9
sometimes in my playtrough NPC's didnt follow me, while the characters still enagaged in dialogue. i could only hear Ellie's part of the dialogue while Dinah was miles away. kinda killed the immersiveness when it happened. restarting the game fixed it. it happened 3 times during the whole experience... no biggy.
pretty good game overall.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
4 days ago#10
Killing off Joel, granted I knew he'd die going from the trailers

Abby, more specifically her voice actress

Can't disable film grain

Still some missing gameplay features like disarming enemy trip mines and disarming enemies.

Not enough enemy variety (when are they going to introduce infected animals that the first game was going to have?)

Druckmann lied about not having to kill a single dog

The ending

Reusing some of the same locations twice (Seattle, Santa Barbara).

Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. What is your single biggest gripe with TLoU2?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A