• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Sales drop 80% in week 2...wow, the people have standards afterall.

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 week ago#1
https://youtu.be/ms6J_lXyQUE

I don't know how else to put this, but...all I can is that I was just waiting for this. 👍

Most of those 4 million sales from week 1 are gonna be just....collecting dust. They're just shipments.

Good luck, Naughty Dog...seriously. You're gonna need it now. The people have definitely spoken up and it's real.
Currently playing:
FFVII Remake (40%) | Streets of Rage 4 (88%) | Ridge Racer 7 (82%) | R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 | Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Lol no need for context like the typical drop off is 80%. Nope just keep crying those salty tears
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.

User Info: Ksupreme90

Ksupreme90
1 week ago#3
Didn’t uncharted do the same thing? Don’t most games drop 80 percent after the first week? They didn’t even count digital sales

User Info: dbl219

dbl219
1 week ago#4
Doesn't include digital sales during a pandemic. Yawn.
FFRK ID: 92EE

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
1 week ago#5
Destined4Greatn posted...
Lol no need for context like the typical drop off is 80%. Nope just keep crying those salty tears

Nahh, I'd say the typical drop off should be around 60-65%.
This is quite huge for week 2. With a drop off like this, I don't see this coming anywhere near close 20 million copies sold.

Say what you will, Naughty Dog is gonna lose big time here. They're gonna miss out on like 50% of potential sales.

But hey, small price to pay I guess to push forward an agenda to the public.
Currently playing:
FFVII Remake (40%) | Streets of Rage 4 (88%) | Ridge Racer 7 (82%) | R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 | Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

User Info: Grunfit

Grunfit
1 week ago#6
Uncharted 4 had a similar drop, it then became the best selling exclusive on the ps4, but there is no need to report this of course.
https://www.videogamer.com/news/why-uncharted-4s-78-sales-drop-isnt-as-troubling-as-it-sounds

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

User Info: Blackstar110

Blackstar110
1 week ago#8
Man, I can’t imagine being so desperate for something to fail that I rejoice over a game having... essentially the exact same drop that Uncharted 4 had. And that’s without counting digital sales.

This was the quickest selling game in PS4 history. Sales numbers are gonna drop because so many people already bought it. Simple math, man. All these clickbait outrage channels are cringey as hell.
-Shred
(edited 1 week ago)
Blackstar110 posted...
Man, I can’t imagine being so desperate for something to fail that I rejoice over a game having... essentially the exact same drop that Uncharted 4 had. And that’s without counting digital sales.

This was the quickest selling game in PS4 history. Sales numbers are gonna drop because so many people already bought it. Simple math, man. All these clickbait outrage channels are cringey as hell.

Keep telling yourself that. God of War 2 is going to wipe the floor with this game in long term sales when it’s released. The Last of Us 3...most definitely won’t pass God of War 2 in sales.

Can they remove my sale of the game for spending $80 on it (and refund me)?

(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: susanoblade_

susanoblade_
1 week ago#10
you’re that desperate huh?

did mom leave you alone in the house again?
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Sales drop 80% in week 2...wow, the people have standards afterall.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A