• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Story About Revenge (Spoilers)

User Info: saint_zodiac

saint_zodiac
6 days ago#1
If you understand revenge stories, Druckman nailed it and that very last scene hurts even more just because she realizes what she has done because of her revenge. It is a cruel ending but that is what revenge is all about.

That being said, if 3 does happen. I would want Ellie and Dina to get back together again or at least meet one time to get complete closure regardless of that closure happens.

User Info: SkynyrdRocker

SkynyrdRocker
6 days ago#2
The last scene, when you realize she's lost everything, even the ability to play guitar, hit me hard. The game was really well done.

User Info: wolfgod37

wolfgod37
6 days ago#3
I get what it was trying to say but I guess it just leaves a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth when at the end of the game the main character doesn't achieve their goal and loses everything in the process. Like I guess it just didn't feel very gratifying?

Honestly my opinion might change though. I just finished it today. I initially didn't like the ending to the first game either and now It's my favorite ending to a videogame, so we'll see .

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
6 days ago#4
The finale is hard to rationalize when you remember she just had two of her fingers bitten off. Like that happened, and she still made that choice.

I'm starting to think Ellie's cordyceps infection is affecting her brain after all.
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

User Info: Tylerh550

Tylerh550
6 days ago#5
Why are people making it seem like this has not played out in other media? Revenge theme is used so much, it's a cliche at this point.
Objectivity and reason above all else.

User Info: FourManSeven

FourManSeven
6 days ago#6
It's almost as if revenge is a common story theme.

User Info: psuedospike

psuedospike
6 days ago#7
SkynyrdRocker posted...
The last scene, when you realize she's lost everything, even the ability to play guitar, hit me hard. The game was really well done.

same
"I Never Die!!" -Smash Daisaku

User Info: CODEumb87

CODEumb87
6 days ago#8
A revenge plot is fine, as long as it doesn't take up the whole story. It did nothing special for Ellie other than show she was willing to forgive after everything horrible that happened....that's great and all, but not what I waited 7 years for. Neil wanted to make a dark depressing game, we already got a good bit of that in part 1, we didn't need that theme on steroids to take over the entire sequel.

User Info: HGunSlingerX

HGunSlingerX
6 days ago#9
a revenge plot can be the vessel for a deeper message or an interesting story. unfortunately for this game, it was neither.
twitter.com/Calvalese

User Info: Destined4Greatn

Destined4Greatn
6 days ago#10
SkynyrdRocker posted...

Yeah there’s some crazy parallelism in this story.

Ellie learns guitar
Ellie can’t forgive somebody who wronged her
ellie and Dina get together
Ellie goes to Tommy for help
Ellie decides to go to Seattle
Ellie is told Dina is pregnant
Ellie Saves Jesse
Jesse Dies
Abby is told Dina is pregnant
They decide to leave Seattle
Tommy goes to Ellie for help
Ellie and Dina break up
Ellie forgives Abby
Ellie can’t play guitar.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Story About Revenge (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A