• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Almost 30k people signed the petition already

User Info: Loki90

Loki90
1 week ago#1
https://www.change.org/p/sony-remake-the-storyline-of-the-last-of-us-part-ii

Is that enough to catch Sony's attention?
Lol No. Petitions never work.

Won't lie though. A bit surprised that the petition rose up that fast in numbers.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
1 week ago#3
The story is s***: but let's be honest. Petitions don't change anything. Even GoT season 8 got it with bigger numbers and it did nothing.

And what would they do even if they did get it done? Subvert expectations and have Dina kill Ellie while Lev transitions to a butterfly and takes care of baby JJ because 10/10 stunning and brave.
"You've seen how much ass I can kick." - Tifa, FF7R
Hentai, Eroges, Lewd Gacha, and 34. I like my anime girls dummy thicc. No loli crap.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: jsquad4136

jsquad4136
1 week ago#4
Yuji Kaido posted...
The story is s***: but let's be honest. Petitions don't change anything. Even GoT season 8 got it with bigger numbers and it did nothing.

And what would they do even if they did get it done? Subvert expectations and have Dina kill Ellie while Lev transitions to a butterfly and takes care of baby JJ because 10/10 stunning and brave.

That at least would have been entertaining

"I haven't been a child since I was 8 years old."
Batman

User Info: aux

aux
1 week ago#5
Loki90 posted...
https://www.change.org/p/sony-remake-the-storyline-of-the-last-of-us-part-ii

Is that enough to catch Sony's attention?

No.
Imagine there's no Hollywood...
It's easy if you try...

User Info: xsuperxerox

xsuperxerox
1 week ago#6
Anyone signing that is an absolute tool.

User Info: vexermaster

vexermaster
1 week ago#7
no more paid reviews no more fan reviews
only previews
no one trusts anyone and so previews are the way to go
Ohhh, Elden Ring

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
1 week ago#8
Ragingdemon2000 posted...
Lol No. Petitions never work.

Won't lie though. A bit surprised that the petition rose up that fast in numbers.

30k in 4 days isn't a whole lot tbh.
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/j886x5) gamer

User Info: 2DFighter84

2DFighter84
1 week ago#9
Yuji Kaido posted...
Petitions don't change anything
Usually, this is the case. But the Snyder Cut of Justice League getting to see the light of day on HBO is a recent example of petitions, and persistence, actually paying off. So, a petition isn't a completely hopeless endeavour.

I don't think the story will be remade, or anything like that. But Naughty Dog will be made aware of exactly what people didn't like, and how many people didn't like it. Right now, the numbers are very small compared to the sales numbers that Naughty Dog sees. But if this grows to a sizeable number, it could potentially influence the direction Naughty Dog takes with their next game, as they'll know what a sizeable chunk of their audience (if the petition gets up to a million, maybe) will not buy.
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless
PSN Detrizzy MK11 - Skarlet, GBFV - Ferry
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: YeaICampSo

YeaICampSo
1 week ago#10
2DFighter84 posted...
Usually, this is the case. But the Snyder Cut of Justice League getting to see the light of day on HBO is a recent example of petitions, and persistence, actually paying off. So, a petition isn't a completely hopeless endeavour.

They also had the actors and even Snyder himself pressuring WB to release the movie. That probably had a much larger effect on it than 30k nobodys clicking on a change.org link.
Xbox One X (Yeah I Camp So) PS4 Pro (YeaICampSo) Nintendo Switch (YeahICampSo) PC (https://valid.x86.fr/j886x5) gamer
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Almost 30k people signed the petition already
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A