• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Yea, this game is really flying off the shelves

User Info: bae99

bae99
2 weeks ago#41
sony_vaio posted...
Bruh its 2020. Who the hell buys physical media? lol
who the hell buys physical media in a physical sotre lol

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
2 weeks ago#42
chrisat928 posted...
That sure looks like a box for restocking a shelf.
It is. And looking at the image. We have literally zero proof that anymore than 4 of those are even tlou2...

Terribad thought out bait is terribad
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: spyder42

spyder42
2 weeks ago#43
Fishels posted...
The game has more users than Spider-Man. Thats the record for fastest selling PlayStation exclusive. TLOU2 looking to outperform Spider-Man. Gamer outrage is again the vocal minority

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tlou2-about-to-break-spiderman-sales-record.232450/

Dont try to bring actual facts to gamefaqs. If it actually is proof of, or supports an argument and not somehow biased from one side or the other. Itll be completely ignored
3lric from Bethesda.net
List of all my Fallout 4 Mods Here: http://bit.do/3lricsMods

User Info: Chidodood

Chidodood
2 weeks ago#44
Silentrob69 posted...
This is half of the supply at the store. There's a whole other crate filled with them. People have also tried returning them constantly too by what the workers say.https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/2/7/AAVxy5AAAm7D.jpg
I want those f****** Shovel Knight amiibo
This is my favorite, saltiest site to post stuff on. You guys have the best reactions. I genuinely appreciate every single one of you guys

User Info: motobuchi

motobuchi
2 weeks ago#45
spyder42 posted...
It is. And looking at the image. We have literally zero proof that anymore than 4 of those are even tlou2...

Terribad thought out bait is terribad

LOLOLOLOLOL

TC gave a nice try. The desperate acts to yuck the yum of this game are so entertaining.

But hey, someone took a really great photo...of this box!

Still LOLing.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
2 weeks ago#46
spyder42 posted...
Dont try to bring actual facts to gamefaqs. If it actually is proof of, or supports an argument and not somehow biased from one side or the other. Itll be completely ignored

Spider-man added 1.1 million new users during the same time this game released and added 3.7 million new users.

Spider-man has 27 million total users.

https://www.gamstat.com/games/

https://www.gamstat.com/games/Marvels_Spider-Man/

Facts are important. And they are far from proving your case.

(P.S., everyone in the world is home playing video games)
The height of stupidity is complaining about other people complaining. Especially on a game board which isn't meant to just blindly promote the game.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
nuschler2212 posted...
Spider-man added 1.1 million new users during the same time this game released and added 3.7 million new users.

I don't really know how those numbers work on that site. That seems high for Spiderman.

However, I do know a lot of people's copy of TLoU2 were delayed till Monday. I wonder when those numbers were captured.

NOt saying they *aren't* accurate. I'd just like to know their methodology.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

nuschler2212
2 weeks ago#48
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
I don't really know how those numbers work on that site. That seems high for Spiderman.

However, I do know a lot of people's copy of TLoU2 were delayed till Monday. I wonder when those numbers were captured.

NOt saying they *aren't* accurate. I'd just like to know their methodology.

The site takes the numbers directly from the Playstation servers, hence they are not sales but the amount of users who have played the game. So, they would include all those that received the game for free, downloaded onto multiple systems and shared the disk, stole it, etc.
The height of stupidity is complaining about other people complaining. Especially on a game board which isn't meant to just blindly promote the game.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
nuschler2212 posted...
The site takes the numbers directly from the Playstation servers, hence they are not sales but the amount of users who have played the game. So, they would include all those that received the game for free, downloaded onto multiple systems and shared the disk, stole it, etc.

Aren't they still extrapolating based on some sort of numbers they got from a hack? Which means the early numbers are typically still a little higher margin of error.
But I'm still more interested in the capture time. Like did they pull the numbers on Sunday? Monday? Today? And are the numbers actually delayed a while - I've worked with databases like that where the data is delayed a couple days, although that wasn't a real time game network kind of thing so maybe not a concern here.

Is Squid not entitled to the ink of his brow?
Team Futaba!!

nuschler2212
2 weeks ago#50
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
Aren't they still extrapolating based on some sort of numbers they got from a hack? Which means the early numbers are typically still a little higher margin of error.
But I'm still more interested in the capture time. Like did they pull the numbers on Sunday? Monday? Today? And are the numbers actually delayed a while - I've worked with databases like that where the data is delayed a couple days, although that wasn't a real time game network kind of thing so maybe not a concern here.

Why dont you do some research on your own? It's out there.

I'm sure if it said it was number one and had millions more users than it did, you would be using it to prove your own point, though.

As I said, it gets it's information directly from Sony's servers.

If you actually click on the game, it gives data through yesterday, so it's recent.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Yea, this game is really flying off the shelves
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A