• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Why is no one giving Ellie credit for her revenge quest? (ending spoilers)

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 week ago#1
I know she pussied out in the end, and people don't like how her overall character turned out but......

But it's like nobody even likes or acknowledges the fact she went on a big revenge quest for Joel after he was brutally killed. Some of you should've been happy for that.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
When life gives ya bad lemons, you make sure life takes those lemons BACK. I make GREAT topics!

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
1 week ago#2
She went on a quest out of guilt. While also dragging others down with her.

Tommy would have been better off on his own.
"You've seen how much ass I can kick." - Tifa, FF7R
Hentai, Eroges, Lewd Gacha, and 34. I like my anime girls dummy thicc. No loli crap.

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
1 week ago#3
She didn't p**** out in the end. As for her revenge quest, it was cool, but I also think that's another reason why this whole game was about Ellie growing into her own person, free from the protective, controlling nature of Joel. Look at how many times she tries to utilize tricks from Joel's repertoire, only for them to blow up in her face. She's an amateur and the moments that she truly shines are those moments of quick thinking on her feet and doing something Ellie would do.
I saw my chance, so I got him at last, I took his six-shooter, put two in his chest, he'll never say a word no more.
Black Lives Matter.

User Info: DeepThroat0

DeepThroat0
1 week ago#4
"Why don't people like bad, pointless thing?"

She went on a quest because the script told her to. Nothing is earned or learned, no characters change.

User Info: Saiaxs

Saiaxs
1 week ago#5
She fails to get revenge twice, once by her own choice, and loses her love and adopted son in the process

she shouldn’t be praised for any of that

(I like the game btw)

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
1 week ago#6
DeepThroat0 posted...
"Why don't people like bad, pointless thing?"

She went on a quest because the script told her to. Nothing is earned or learned, no characters change.
This isn't true. Tommy is broken in the end. Ellie learns that the cycle of revenge will just keep repeating, so she breaks it. Abby learns the same thing as Ellie but before Ellie does.

User Info: jsquad4136

jsquad4136
1 week ago#7
Lyrica posted...
This isn't true. Tommy is broken in the end. Ellie learns that the cycle of revenge will just keep repeating, so she breaks it. Abby learns the same thing as Ellie but before Ellie does.

And all it took for Ellie to “learn” that was to kill countless other people. What an epiphany. >.<

"I haven't been a child since I was 8 years old."
Batman

User Info: HGunSlingerX

HGunSlingerX
1 week ago#8
they betrayed ellie in favor of abby in this game. very unfortunate.
twitter.com/Calvalese

User Info: C Redfield

C Redfield
1 week ago#9
Saiaxs posted...
She fails to get revenge twice, once by her own choice, and loses her love and adopted son in the process

she shouldn’t be praised for any of that

(I like the game btw)

Better then dropping the kid on a concrete floor mid panic attack.

(I was meh with the game. Bad Story outweighed the good.)
Welcome to Gamestop. Remember use small words slowly we're f'n idiots.

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
1 week ago#10
Lyrica posted...

Fully agree, the whole story is about the butterfly effect and the cost of revenge. This whole thing started with Joel killing what was once perceived as an insignificant NPC. That one selfish act (as a father myself id have done the same thing) set in motion a chain of events that not only resulted in his death but the deaths of loads of people, and put two people on opposite ends on a quest for revenge that both were justified for undertaking.

Ellies problem is that she became the villian of her own story, Abby beat her, could have killed her and Dina but let them go. She had everything, but that hunger for revenge that manifested itself into PTSD wouldn't let her walk away. I can't say I'm mad at her for going after Abby again as Ellie was suffering internally. However she had it all and made the choice to walk away for a fight only she and Tommy even cared about anymore. As much as I wanted Abby dead in the beginning, I'm glad Ellie stopped short finally realizing that killing her would fix nothing.
Currently playing: Pokemon Shield, SW: Jedi Fallen order, Trails of Cold Steel 2, MHW: Iceborne, Sims 4, Greed Fall, Outerworlds, Blands 3
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Part II
  3. Why is no one giving Ellie credit for her revenge quest? (ending spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A