• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  3. So the Game is a mess huh.

User Info: angelXXX

angelXXX
2 years ago#1
Like we did not see it coming. two things I already knew why it will be a mess.

1. Lack of X-Men and some F4 aka Mr Dr Doom. ( far more iconic characters than anyone from the MCU) you cannot erase them and think they will succeed.

2. Too much Disney influence and too much MCU.....However not every one is a child. Once again, MCU is failing in the maturity department. the one place X-Men used to be one of their major players.

Marvel has sadly showed themselves to be lacking compared to DC that is still kicking their asses in the animations and gaming department.

but wait, I know what the defense will be.. mcu is ''popular'' and their movies make money aka twilight 101.

thanks but I will just stick to Injustice.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
2 years ago#2
lol The game isn't really a mess. It's lacking compared to UMvC3, that's for sure, but it's significant faults have little to do with no X-Men or Doctor Doom or MCU's maturity, as the X-Men weren't really better at all. Capcom rushed the game out half finished, and while it still plays well, the lack of overall quality is what really drags the game down.
US PS4 PSN: Number090684

User Info: angelXXX

angelXXX
2 years ago#3
Number090684 posted...
lol The game isn't really a mess. It's lacking compared to UMvC3, that's for sure, but it's significant faults have little to do with no X-Men or Doctor Doom or MCU's maturity, as the X-Men weren't really better at all. Capcom rushed the game out half finished, and while it still plays well, the lack of overall quality is obvious.

when DC is unleashing something like Injustice II and MCU Marvel gives us this. its a mess. An embarrassment.

excuses, excuses, have you noticed that everything with MCU Marvel is currently blowing up in their faces. first this game, now Inhumans.

rushed not rushed, maybe capcom should have spent more time making the game good than pretending no one knows who the xmen are. the same xmen that defined this game for marvel in the first place.

seriously the game always looked bad and childish. that was the Disney influence I was talking about like a lot of the mcu movies too.

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
2 years ago#4
I want Super Skrull back more than I want Dr. Doom back. Far more interesting gameplay unless they rework Dr. Doom entirely. I don't exactly miss Foot Dive/Pew Pew Gun/Hidden Missiles.
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams

User Info: DontDieNintendo

DontDieNintendo
2 years ago#5
You can't say a fighting game is a mess and then not talk about the gameplay. Please post your thoughts on what you perceive to be faults as well as areas that can be improved upon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKH-1Qbc-2Y

User Info: CatCouch

CatCouch
2 years ago#6
While I guess the game is fine from a pure gameplay point of view, it's really letting me down. The presentation certainly feels like a mess. It feels cheap to me, like the least amount of effort possible went into it.

The roster really leaves me hanging, too. I really wanted Ammy and Felicia to return as well as some Breath of Fire love. I'm really having a hard time seeing why so many female characters where left out.

Honestly, I kind of regret buying it even with $20 off. it feels like I'm supporting the destruction of a lot of the elements I love about these games. Man, I'm really crossing my fingers for some solid presentation updates and character/costume announcements.

Injustice 2 is a pretty solid package so I will be putting more time into it but I love Capcom and it's characters a lot more than DC or Marvel. I really hope Dissidia Final Fantasy doesn't disappoint me too much since it seems to be going for the same E-Sport over content angle. It's too early to tell, though.
My art! http://catcouch.deviantart.com/

User Info: Turlast

Turlast
2 years ago#7
Injustice 2 is definitely a better video game than MVCI. No question about it.

Having said that, I don't like the way Injustice plays at all and love the way MVCI plays.
SF Plot Guide: https://docs.com/Bakfromon/1806/super-street-fighter
PSN/XBL: SP_Wesker215/SP Wesker 215 Street Fighter V, KOF, Marvel, Persona, Guilty Gear

User Info: G0RD0NDARF

G0RD0NDARF
2 years ago#8
This seems to be a GameFAQs-only problem, if you want to play UMvC3, go play UMvC3. There is nothing lacking, here.
stryker

User Info: CaIiber345

CaIiber345
2 years ago#9
DontDieNintendo posted...
You can't say a fighting game is a mess and then not talk about the gameplay. Please post your thoughts on what you perceive to be faults as well as areas that can be improved upon.
SUPER
HOT

User Info: NeroMamba23

NeroMamba23
2 years ago#10
This game harkens back to the combo system of COTA and Marvel vs Street Fighter. It expanded on it in a good way with active switch. If you don't like it TC, that's fine. Why come to a board for a game you don't like and then attack anyone that likes it? You already shut yourself down to any sort of dialogue when you already tried to say what the defense would be...
YouTube: NeroMamba23. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFJy_5PtzFqrbioxMt1emGg
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  3. So the Game is a mess huh.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A