Holy s*** I just realized how much this game reminds me of sfxt.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  3. Holy s*** I just realized how much this game reminds me of sfxt.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
10 months ago#11
Not the same, SfxT didn't do any of the Tekken characters justice, they played nothing themselves what was the point?

But if you are talking about how they ate handling this game? yes capcom can't seem to even host a cross over anymore
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Fatestaykitchen

Fatestaykitchen
10 months ago#12
I actually like some of the sfxt versions of characters better than the originals. Also they needed to translate their fighting styles into sf. I think they did a decent enough job of that personally.

But yeah I meant he overall package the way they're handling it and even the game mechanics and presentation. Just....Everything except the actual characters.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8IVn0MQsWA
Just a reminder that we live in a world where "twerk assault" can be said unironically

User Info: SpiralSwords

SpiralSwords
10 months ago#13
SFXT 2013 was a pretty good game. Too bad the damage was already done.

BobVance posted...
Game will do well because of how easy it is. The SFV base likes skilless games.

I guess that's why all of the MVC2 players that skipped MVC3 are back for MVCI.

Tekken 7 does well and it isn't easy. This comment is dumb.
"I ain't INTERESTED in a buncha scrubs like you!!"-Cloud Strife

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
10 months ago#14
You'd think Noizy would stop acting like a child by now

User Info: Sir_RaZZo

Sir_RaZZo
10 months ago#15
locksmithblack posted...
I actually like sfxt. I still never really understood the fallout.

To this day, I think the game having 12 (I think it was this much) on-disc DLC characters did a lot to influence people's disdain for SFxT. If not for that mistake, I think people would've been a little more forgiving towards the game's flaws.

I still remember within the first couple days, data miners were literally going online and playing matches with DLC characters who weren't supposed to come out till the end of the year, not a good look for Capcom.
It will rain soon. Blood will fall like rain...-Karel
Member of The Phoenix Force

Fatestaykitchen
10 months ago#16
Sir_RaZZo posted...
locksmithblack posted...

To this day, I think the game having 12 (I think it was this much) on-disc DLC characters did a lot to influence people's disdain for SFxT. If not for that mistake, I think people would've been a little more forgiving towards the game's flaws.

I still remember within the first couple days, data miners were literally going online and playing matches with DLC characters who weren't supposed to come out till the end of the year, not a good look for Capcom.

That was a huge part of it yeah. It was a big sour moment.

But it wasn't gonna survive long anyway. The game didn't patch it's awful pacing until it was too late. If you listen to how competitors talk about the game they DO NOT want to go back for good reason.
Just a reminder that we live in a world where "twerk assault" can be said unironically

User Info: KillerKhan420

KillerKhan420
10 months ago#17
TruthAndJustice posted...

If anybody says anything disparaging toward Capcom and their fighting games it's a personal insult towards the boy.

Even though he uses an elitist attitude at times you wouldn't know that he sucks at every time he jocks....even sf5 with easy mode balrog and he still can't claim s***. But according to him, because he plays these games and at tournaments that makes his opinion more qualified than your everyday casual fighting game fan.
"I know how the business works because I'm a wrestling fan"-hulkhogan1

User Info: locksmithblack

locksmithblack
10 months ago#18
Sir_RaZZo posted...
locksmithblack posted...

Yeah, that seems right. That was pretty much only bad press I'd heard about it. Arguably the beginning of their fall from grace unless you count RE5. Other than that I remember people being okay with it at tournaments.
Haters = Motivators

Fatestaykitchen
10 months ago#19
KillerKhan420 posted...
TruthAndJustice posted...

If anybody says anything disparaging toward Capcom and their fighting games it's a personal insult towards the boy.

Even though he uses an elitist attitude at times you wouldn't know that he sucks at every time he jocks....even sf5 with easy mode balrog and he still can't claim s***. But according to him, because he plays these games and at tournaments that makes his opinion more qualified than your everyday casual fighting game fan.

I mean..look at his name

Maybe it's a gimmick? Either that or he's just clowning himself

Fatestaykitchen
10 months ago#20
SpiralSwords posted...
SFXT 2013 was a pretty good game. Too bad the damage was already done.

BobVance posted...
Game will do well because of how easy it is. The SFV base likes skilless games.

I guess that's why all of the MVC2 players that skipped MVC3 are back for MVCI.

Tekken 7 does well and it isn't easy. This comment is dumb.

Also this. The patched version was pretty nice actually. Too little too late
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  3. Holy s*** I just realized how much this game reminds me of sfxt.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived