• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
  3. Anybody Get 100% Completion?

User Info: GamersLoft

GamersLoft
2 years ago#1
I'm finding it to be very frustrating. I'm missing 3 trees in Radiant Sands and have run out of places to look.
I just want to make sure it isn't glitched before wasting any more time.
PS4 101: That UI thingy is called the PDM

User Info: Encha277

Encha277
2 years ago#2
Radiant Sands is the only place I was able to find all the trees, so I can at least confirm that it is possible.

GamersLoft
2 years ago#3
Thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'll do another sweep.

GamersLoft
2 years ago#4
Arrgg!! I just went through the whole island again and I'm still missing 3 plots.

Is there some hidden area that's easy to miss?

User Info: Zenithence

Zenithence
2 years ago#5
Encha277 posted...
Radiant Sands is the only place I was able to find all the trees, so I can at least confirm that it is possible.

I'm in the opposite boat, Radiant Sands is the only place I'm missing trees, but it's only two.

I've seen someone online who's stuck at one, so I'm not sure if this is a counting bug or if some of the tree spots in the desert area are partially beneath the sand which would make them harder to see. I've noticed counting bugs with other aspects of the game like the cat mission, which was counting a lot more of each breed then it should have been (eg. 9/4 tabbies or whatever). I think this may be the cause and chopping down all the trees to reset things would probably fix it.

There is one secret cliff area, when you go through the tunnel to the cloud catcher, if you plant a coral tree on the left you can jump on top of it after it grows and then jump on top of the tunnel, but there's nothing up there.

User Info: srepucane

srepucane
2 years ago#6
I've seen screenshots from people who have 100% everything. The cats are not a counting bug. Before the patch came out there were exactly enough cats to finish the cat quest. People complained about it and the devs put more cats in the game in the patch to make finishing the cat quest easier.

Zenithence
2 years ago#7
srepucane posted...
I've seen screenshots from people who have 100% everything. The cats are not a counting bug. Before the patch came out there were exactly enough cats to finish the cat quest. People complained about it and the devs put more cats in the game in the patch to make finishing the cat quest easier.

That's a bizarre way of handling it. Having separate cat species seems redundant now if they all just keeping counting up past their totals. They could've just removed the tallies entirely and said "find x amount of cats in the world, out of x amount total." The desynced counting just looks like it's bugging out.

Zenithence
2 years ago#8
I'm 100% convinced this is a bug. I think what's happening is that in some versions or save states of the game, certain tree plots in Radiant Sands are disappearing. You may still be able to interact with them if you locate them by chance, but I'm not so sure if even that would be possible. The reason I'm thinking this is because after five hours of searching the entire island for the two I'm missing, I encountered this:

http://i.imgur.com/CVWdQW5.jpg

The location itself must be bugged. A tree location map would help but I can't find one online. I'm going to try and get in contact with the developers to see what they think.

User Info: srepucane

srepucane
2 years ago#9
I'm just about to platinum the game again on the US version of the game. I ran into that ! issue you and the other person whose topic I brought up about it in another topic. There was a bit of murk in that spot so it was most likely a bug. Also having issues with finding the last 2 tree spots in Radiant sands. I think you could be correct that it is only happening with certain versions or save states of games.

Zenithence
2 years ago#10
I contacted the developers and they said they're working on an update for the PS4. They didn't specify whether this problem was a part of that patch so I can only assume that's what they meant. It also suggests the Steam version doesn't have this issue, so maybe it's just a PS4 thing. Keeping my eyes peeled for a software update.
  1. Boards
  2. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
  3. Anybody Get 100% Completion?
  • Topic Archived