• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Do you imagine the scene's you're reading?
TomatoDragon 1 month ago#11
I see the the scenes in my mind when I read or listen to a book.

It’s also how I think about books that I’ve read in the past. I remember them based on the visuals my mind makes.
Metal_Bug 1 month ago#12
It was very satisfying to read about places in LotR and ASoIaF, and then when I saw them in the movie/TV adaptations, they looked exactly as I had imagined them.

The examples that come to mind first are the House of Black and White, and that pond right outside of the entrance to Moria. Moria itself, too, actually.
darklao 1 month ago#13
I experience only pure symbols and meanings, none of the empty calories of visual interpretations.
Rai_Jin 1 month ago#14
I used to do that a bit but got aphantasia in early teens.
Sir Cyrus 1 month ago#15
I wish I could; I have trouble actually imagining stuff. It's more like, I know the concepts of everything and put them together in my mind. I think I might have aphantasia. It would explain a lot: I can't even picture an entire human face in my mind. If I focus really hard I can just about "zoom in" on one facial feature, such as eyes, mouth, etc., but never the entire face in 1 mental picture.
Sigless for now.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Do you imagine the scene's you're reading?
  • Post New Message