You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. George Martin is still working on books 6 and 7 - confirmed at Tolkien premiere

User Info: curtland

curtland
2 months ago#11
UnrivaledKoopa posted...
The first three are that good.

4 and 5 are good, but flawed in sort of the opposite way that the show is. For as little thought the show has given to detail in recent seasons, the books go sort of overboard with it, and we end up with several chapters that do nothing to progress the “main story”. There is no “fast travel”, as Tyrion has much more trouble making it to Mereen than expected.

I think they’re worth reading if you’re interested, but it’s hard to offer a strong recommendation with Winds still in limbo and ADOS probably never coming out. The story currently ends at roughly season 5, but with much more detail to that fifth season.

I'd agree with all this. 4 and 5 were a way to swim around in that world, but it was a LOT of meandering. You'd think once he got over the hump, stories would start speeding up a bit. Characters would start coming back together and as of the end of book 5, they were still moving apart.

I don't know he plans on finishing it all in two books, and I honestly think he doesn't really know either.
Only idoits can't spell.

User Info: cky2003

cky2003
2 months ago#12
Did anyone really think that this was true? I saw the news and had a good laugh at those believing these are done.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. George Martin is still working on books 6 and 7 - confirmed at Tolkien premiere