• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. So A Song of Ice and Fire is never going to be finished, right?

User Info: THEGODDAMNBATMA

THEGODDAMNBATMA
2 months ago#1
At this point, I've kind of assumed that GRRM watched the show and saw some of the differences and thought "I like how they do it better" and so he just let them finish his story for him? It really seems like he never intends on finishing the book series.

User Info: Lorthremar

Lorthremar
2 months ago#2
absolutely not, no
the 9/11 buildings got destroyed in the 9/11 thing - xyphilia

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
2 months ago#3
It won't be finished but the tv show doesn't do it better either.
User ID: 4002777

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
2 months ago#4
There is absolutely zero percent chance that series ever gets finished. Not by GRRM, and not by anyone else either, so all you people crossing your fingers for Brandon Sanderson to save the day again can save your breath. The book series is dead. If GRRM had a shred of integrity he would just admit as much right now and stop stringing all his fans along with bulls*** prequels that nobody asked for.

User Info: garan

garan
2 months ago#5
rockyoumonkeys posted...
There is absolutely zero percent chance that series ever gets finished. Not by GRRM, and not by anyone else either, so all you people crossing your fingers for Brandon Sanderson to save the day again can save your breath. The book series is dead. If GRRM had a shred of integrity he would just admit as much right now and stop stringing all his fans along with bulls*** prequels that nobody asked for.

Agreed so much.

User Info: AndreLeGeant

AndreLeGeant
2 months ago#6
He’ll finish it. Jeez.
"Not only is Andre way smarter than you, he's also way smarter than you think you are." - SaikyoStyle

User Info: Taishi Ci CCR

Taishi Ci CCR
2 months ago#7
AndreLeGeant posted...
He’ll finish it. Jeez.

Wrong.
Which dystopia do you want to live in? Huxley or Orwell? - AtmosOmega
You guys on this board can be a little biased...

User Info: aneed4peed

aneed4peed
2 months ago#8
I think I read somewhere earlier in the month where he was talking about how he was struggling to finish Winds of Winter. Didn't read the whole article but he did mention getting conflicted with the TV series and confused on how to proceed with the books.

I think he's just feeling a tad lazy after the show's popularity and cant be bothered writing anymore, which is sorta understandable... but he should give closure to his fans and stop writing boring prequels.
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/DDzaw.jpg]

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
2 months ago#9
aneed4peed posted...
I think I read somewhere earlier in the month where he was talking about how he was struggling to finish Winds of Winter. Didn't read the whole article but he did mention getting conflicted with the TV series and confused on how to proceed with the books.

I think he's just feeling a tad lazy after the show's popularity and cant be bothered writing anymore, which is sorta understandable... but he should give closure to his fans and stop writing boring prequels.

He's been "struggling" with Winds for over five years. And before that he struggled with Dance for five years (and THAT was after he actually put a page in Feast saying that Dance was just about done and would be released the following year XD).

Yes, to an extent he's struggling with the books, and yes they're complicated. But it goes far beyond a bit of laziness: the root problem here is that he doesn't want to write the books anymore. He's entirely unmotivated. I think the show's success certainly contributed to that. My theory is that he's so terrified of fan reaction/backlash to the end of the series (i.e. if they consider it a disappointment) that he's crippled with anxiety over ending it.

User Info: Sir Cyrus

Sir Cyrus
2 months ago#10
Eh, you never know what might happen. It took Tolkien a long while to finish LotR after publishing The Hobbit. In case of Martin, however, I'm having a hard time staying optimistic.
The true knight would save the virgin from being sacrificed.
The true adventurer would ensure that she could never be a virgin sacrifice again.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. So A Song of Ice and Fire is never going to be finished, right?
  • Topic Archived