Which of These Should I Read Next?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Which of These Should I Read Next?

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
4 weeks ago#1
The options - Results (36 votes)
Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy #1)
44.44% (16 votes)
Kings of the Wyld (The Band #1)
2.78% (1 vote)
Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1)
2.78% (1 vote)
Feet of Clay (Discworld: City Watch #3)
41.67% (15 votes)
The Legends of Eli Monpress
2.78% (1 vote)
Spinning Silver
5.56% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm kind of torn about what to read next. The end of the Liveship trilogy is fast approaching, and I've honestly no idea what to read next out of these. Several have been in the backlog for a while, several I just bought, and of course one risen to prominence due to what I'm currently reading.

So I asked myself; "why decide when others can do it for me?"

Seriously though I figured I might have some fun and let fate decide what comes next, since I'm feeling a fairly equal pull to all of the titles on the list.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Heroes, DB Legends, Spider-Man (PS4)
~~~~~~~~~~Train On.~~~~~~~~~~

User Info: Tannhauser

Tannhauser
4 weeks ago#2
The answer is always Discworld.
Except when it's 42. But, otherwise, Discworld.
"Through the darkness of future past the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: Fire, walk with me." -Twin Peaks

User Info: valleyboy86

valleyboy86
4 weeks ago#3
Assassin's apprentice. The Farseer trilogy is amazing. As is the whole of the Realm of the Elderlings series. You've already read the Liveship Traders trilogy, which comes after this. Robin Hobb is my favourite author.

I also really enjoyed the Legend of Eli Monpress, I found it to be like a mix of The Lies if Locke Lamora and The Codex Alera, both of which I loved. This is a bit of a hidden gem and don't really know if anyone who has read it.

User Info: JE19426

JE19426
4 weeks ago#4
Discworld. Then Discworld again, and again until you run out.

User Info: Stagmar

Stagmar
4 weeks ago#5
The only two series from that list I’ve read is Discworld and Farseer. You should read Discworld. I’m not a fan of the Farseer trilogy personally. I liked Assassin’s Apprentice, hated Royal Assassin, and liked about a quarter of Assassin’s Quest. I can’t remember if it was the first quarter or last quarter. It’s been too long.
11/11/1572 -- Never Forget.

User Info: Bako Ikporamee

Bako Ikporamee
4 weeks ago#6
l liked Red Sister, haven't gotten to book 2 yet
Official "Bako Ikporamee" of GameFAQs
http://i.imgur.com/U1Nhrnq.png

User Info: Skyway_Corsair

Skyway_Corsair
4 weeks ago#7
Can't you read something that isn't problematic instead? Yikes.

User Info: Kin Korn Karn

Kin Korn Karn
4 weeks ago#8
Yeah, Liveship probably should have been read after Farseer, but I suppose it really doesn't matter.
Ye read, ye move.

User Info: M1Astray

M1Astray
3 weeks ago#9
Well, not that the poll shows it but Assassin's Apprentice ultimately won, as a couple of people IRL also weighed in and someone I chat with about books picked it up as well (I got them onto Liveship and they continued straight on into Farseer, so I had to follow em).

I will however work Feet of Clay in between the trilogy somewhere.

Kin Korn Karn posted...
Yeah, Liveship probably should have been read after Farseer, but I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Honestly I didn't feel like there was anything missing, as someone who hasn't read Farseer yet. There were a couple of things that sounded like they were probably references to previous stories, but it felt completely standalone and I was very satisfied with it. Plus it's what has convinced me to give Assassin's Apprentice another shot after it didn't quite gel with me the first time (I think I just wasn't in the mood).

Skyway_Corsair posted...
Can't you read something that isn't problematic instead? Yikes.

Problematic in what way?

valleyboy86 posted...
Assassin's apprentice. The Farseer trilogy is amazing. As is the whole of the Realm of the Elderlings series. You've already read the Liveship Traders trilogy, which comes after this. Robin Hobb is my favourite author.

I also really enjoyed the Legend of Eli Monpress, I found it to be like a mix of The Lies if Locke Lamora and The Codex Alera, both of which I loved. This is a bit of a hidden gem and don't really know if anyone who has read it.

Yeah I'll probably read Legend of Eli Monpress by years end, bought it straight after my last topic asking for recommendations and seemed like my jam.
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Heroes, DB Legends, Spider-Man (PS4)
~~~~~~~~~~Train On.~~~~~~~~~~
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. Which of These Should I Read Next?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived