• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. What happened to Christopher Paolini? (Author of Eragon)?

User Info: Sepucher

Sepucher
6 years ago#1
He said he was going to write a sci-fi novel and make another inheritance cycle book. Is there any word on the progress?

Also, what happened to discussions about Eragon on this board? A few years back, it was plastered all over this board, with dozens of topics about it and there was even a petition to start a board for it. The final book being released barely warranted a few topics and it was quickly forgotten. I'm afraid it's a sign that this board is dying. :(
The Living's in the way we die

User Info: Parvenu

Parvenu
6 years ago#2
Or that the kids that read those books grew up and saw them for what they really were.

User Info: Death_Spasm

Death_Spasm
6 years ago#3
crap books crap author

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
6 years ago#4
I think kids and teens and adults are more into the percy jackson stuff along with enders game and whatever there is for new hip popular sci fi and fantasy series

User Info: Black Gold

Black Gold
6 years ago#5
Sepucher posted...
He said he was going to write a sci-fi novel and make another inheritance cycle book. Is there any word on the progress?

He's currently working on it: http://www.paolini.net/books/sci-fi-project/.
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." - Thomas Pynchon

User Info: wwwgippal2

wwwgippal2
6 years ago#6
Probably enjoying the tons of money he made from his glorified Lotr ripoffs
Myrish swamp, fat pink mast.

User Info: kst8er

kst8er
6 years ago#7
i couldn't even finish the last book i thought it was SOOOOOOO poorly written
Today is the one year anniversary of today's date last year

User Info: ZoraPrincess

ZoraPrincess
6 years ago#8
Even though I never read beyond Eragon and have no plans to (quit early in the second book, because even when I was a kid, I could tell this was really bad), I'm actually curious to see what he creates, now that he finally has an opportunity to escape the derivative bland world of the Inheritance Cycle.

I hang on to faint hope that it might be even average, that he might show himself to be a competent writer. I doubt that will be the case (they'll publish it no matter the quality), but I'd love to be proven wrong.

User Info: ArtistScientist

ArtistScientist
6 years ago#9
Pervenu posted...
Or that the kids that read those books grew up and saw them for what they really were.

Death_Spasm posted...
crap books crap author

wwwgippal2 posted...

kst8er posted...

While you're spending your life trolling and ****posting on a video game message board he's living his dream.

User Info: Ikari_Gendo

Ikari_Gendo
6 years ago#10
ArtistScientist posted...
Pervenu posted...

Death_Spasm posted...
crap books crap author

wwwgippal2 posted...

kst8er posted...

While you're spending your life trolling and ****posting on a video game message board he's living his dream.

Ah yes, that old argument....

Anyway, didn't he only get his stuff published because his parents were bigwigs in the publishing industry?
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. What happened to Christopher Paolini? (Author of Eragon)?
  • Topic Archived