• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. What if George R.R. Martin dies? (Song of Ice and Fire spoilers)

User Info: Fitchaber10

Fitchaber10
5 years ago#1
I mean...he has at least two books left, is 65, looks like he is 75, and is incredibly obese.

Anyone else concerned about this?

User Info: AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen
5 years ago#2
lol
http://i.imgur.com/dFhdxH9.jpg

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
5 years ago#3
If he dies, his successor will finish the series based on his notes/what he's revealed to the HBO people, which means we might get the books faster than anticipated. :P
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
- Thomas Jefferson, writing on the subject of religion

User Info: Vyyk

Vyyk
5 years ago#4
He is more likely to die in the next ten years than dream of spring is to be published.
GSV Rest in Peace, Good Man

User Info: Fitchaber10

Fitchaber10
5 years ago#5
mercurydude posted...
If he dies, his successor will finish the series based on his notes/what he's revealed to the HBO people, which means we might get the books faster than anticipated. :P

He's actually said that his will states all his notes and unfinished works are to be burned upon his death, so there will be no successor.

As far as the TV series, he has revealed the ending to the TV producers, so the TV ending would become the canon ending.

User Info: mercurydude

mercurydude
5 years ago#6
Fitchaber10 posted...

He's actually said that his will states all his notes and unfinished works are to be burned upon his death, so there will be no successor.

As far as the TV series, he has revealed the ending to the TV producers, so the TV ending would become the canon ending.

If that's true, then it's a sucky time to be a fan of the books. He said he's trying to keep ahead of the pace of the show, so there's that, but I'll be surprised if he gets the last two books out before the show concludes.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."
- Thomas Jefferson, writing on the subject of religion

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
5 years ago#7
Its only been 2 years and 8 months since ADWD has come out, and George said he started writing in January of 2012, so we have time before he misses his deadline of 3 years for the Winds of Winter(would would be January 2015)

Presumably if he can meet this(TWOW being done before Season 5 starts) then we should see at least Book 6 in the show, but book 7 is up in the air.
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson

User Info: rockyoumonkeys

rockyoumonkeys
5 years ago#8
There's flat out no way he can finish book 7 before the TV series gets there.

And honestly, I'm still mostly doubtful the TV series will even last that long. It's already lasted three seasons longer than I thought it would, but nobody can really believe it's gonna stick around for 8+ years, can they?
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Playing: FFXIV (server: Lamia)

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
5 years ago#9
rockyoumonkeys posted...
There's flat out no way he can finish book 7 before the TV series gets there.

And honestly, I'm still mostly doubtful the TV series will even last that long. It's already lasted three seasons longer than I thought it would, but nobody can really believe it's gonna stick around for 8+ years, can they?

The HBO owner said GOT is on for as long as they need to finish it.

David and Dan Said they plan on 8 seasons before finishing. They said Season 4 is halfway through the show.

As for finishing Book 7(if that is indeed the final book) then he would have to have it being finished or closed to being finished by Season 7's end so they can start writing the scripts.....it can happen.
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson

User Info: NazgulCentral

NazgulCentral
5 years ago#10
I'd hope the show will just go on hiatus for a bit, increasing pressure on the author.
When I was seven years old, I dressed up as a little city gent, and walked into the Bank of England shouting "**** the pound."
  1. Boards
  2. Books and Literature
  3. What if George R.R. Martin dies? (Song of Ice and Fire spoilers)
  • Topic Archived