• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix
  3. Playing all the games before KH3? How's your progress?

User Info: mewlax

mewlax
1 month ago#1
Will you be completed in time for KH3's release date? I think I started the process a bit late :S

1) KH1 - I did a Lv1 run and finished it a month ago (12th November) and then it only took me a couple of days to 100% and platinum the game

2) CoM - I finished about a week ago (did a 80HP run). Getting 100% and platinum trophy was grueling, particularly levelling up Riku to Lv99. I actually did the last 20 levels or so a few levels at a time to break up the monotony whilst playing Days alongside (which they run chronologically alongside anyway)

3) Days - I am actually playing the DS game rather than watching the movie. Also trying a Lv1 run which isn't challenging yet due to stat boost from panels. Only had about 4 deaths (a large possessor, the spinny knight that's optional in one of the tutorial missions, the huge desert heartless mechanical worm and a challenge that i clearly wasn't suited for!). I'm on day 150ish and playing it virtually every day so I hope to finish within a week maybe?

4) KH2 - has no trophies for speed runs or no continues so I will platinum the game in one Critical playthrough (also on Lv1 for story only, not for 100% completion) so I don't anticipate this taking up a huge amount of time since I know the game well, only the difficulty of Lv1 might slow me down

5) BBS - also will try for a Critical run through of all characters, possible all at Lv1 but maybe just Aqua and the final episodes. I'm going to mix it up and play it chronologically in the order that each character visits that world (e.g. Enchanted Dominion as Terra, then Ven, then Aqua). Aside from grinding to meld all the commands, shouldn't be a long journey

6) Coded - I will also play the DS game. I have only played it once and never 100% completed it so that might take some time as i'll likely insist on doing it this time round

7) DDD - I will TRY a Lv1 run but I hear it's one of the craziest Lv1 challenges since you're reliant on your dream eaters to help you so I may just go for 100% in one play through

8) BBS FP - isn't long, i can only see the no damage vs mirror Aqua and the level up trophies being a pain

9) KHUX - i'll just stick to watching the movie

10) KH3 - I'll likely do a standard mode playthrough, 100% it, then do the game on the hardest setting

So after reading this, I don't know if i'm going to be anywhere near completing it all by end of January! We'll see!

User Info: DeadliftKing91

DeadliftKing91
1 month ago#2
I started on November 1st. I finished the last one on December 2nd.

I did start a KH2 Lv. 1 Critical run though, and I'm halfway through it, but not playing it every day. Only so many deaths I can handle at once.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 month ago#3
Good lord, you're a maniac, doing all the games at level 1. =P

I only completed KH2FM at level 1 - took out the LW but not Sephy or the Datas (which I'm now being encouraged to do, haha), and it really wasn't all *that* much fun, though learning the patterns was kinda interesting.

As for me, I don't think I've *not* played a KH game in the past two or maybe three years. I did recently playthrough a Proud mode run of DDD on the PS4 - which was my first time doing that game on a non-3DS version and on a higher difficulty and THEN I went into that level 1 run I mentioned earlier and now I'm taking a breather to do a Crit run of BBS.

I was hoping to try to get a little better at 0.2, but I don't know, man... at level 50 on Proud mode, I died so many times; it was only when I leveled up greatly that I didn't die. =/
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#4
One of these days I'll actually play DDD and 0.2. That's my plan. I doubt I'll do it before KH3 comes out but we'll see. Heck, maybe I'll celebrate the release by firing them up. I'm not getting KH3 until the price drops anyway.

3) Days - I am actually playing the DS game rather than watching the movie.

Good man. The movie misses a few important details from the game...plus I really liked the Challenge versions of the missions. It makes for some fun replay value.

(also on Lv1 for story only, not for 100% completion)

Booo! If you're doing all that stuff at Level 1, you'd better do the Datas, Sephy and LW too. That's the best part. Though skipping the Hades Cup is understandable.

only the difficulty of Lv1 might slow me down

Gee, you think? ;-)

6) Coded - I will also play the DS game. I have only played it once and never 100% completed it so that might take some time as i'll likely insist on doing it this time round

The annoying part is having to leave the game on all day to collect floors for the 100-level dungeon. Otherwise it's a lot of busywork to get the 100% of the in-game challenges. Only thing I didn't bother to do was getting every drop from every enemy on every difficulty though I only missed a few of the more annoying ones.

7) DDD - I will TRY a Lv1 run but I hear it's one of the craziest Lv1 challenges

I haven't played it but I heard it's not as hard as the other Level 1 runs due to Balloonga abuse. And isn't a Level 1 run one of the "in-game challenges?" If you want 100%, don't you HAVE to do it?

9) KHUX - i'll just stick to watching the movie

There's a few youtube videos of people just putting together the plot elements from KHX which are pretty nice to follow the story since I don't think the 2.8 movie is a legit summary of it all. And since they only have a relevant plot moment in that game every two or three months, one watch should handle it all for you.

10) KH3 - I'll likely do a standard mode playthrough, 100% it, then do the game on the hardest setting

May as well do all of these at the same time. You know as well as I that the highest difficulty in all of these KH games is a joke.

User Info: CobaltZorch

CobaltZorch
1 month ago#5
I've just realised how close it is to KH3 coming out. Luckily I only have 0.2 left to do, I've got the platinum on all games so far, only watched the video summaries for Days and Coded. I played Data back in the...day and did everything that had to offer, but coded will probably be the only one I never actually play the game version of.

I should have enough time to finish 0.2 before KH3 comes out. The story elements at least.
GT/PSN: CobaltZorch

User Info: NCSledge

NCSledge
1 month ago#6
For some reason it really really really bothers me when people do this kinda stuff... :/ But I guess that's just me. Playing a game just because another game is coming out is silly to me.
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/200737-kingdom-hearts-hd-i5-ii5-remix/75518737
^This is my life.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
1 month ago#7
FWIW, I am closing in on being able to start fighting the Datas now, but god damn, it is HARD to do this part of the game at level 1.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: CobaltZorch

CobaltZorch
1 month ago#8
NCSledge posted...
For some reason it really really really bothers me when people do this kinda stuff... :/ But I guess that's just me. Playing a game just because another game is coming out is silly to me.

Catching up on the story is worth it I think. Especially given how long it's been since KH2. I couldn't remember half the story from the games I had played, and I've only ever played KH1, KH2 and Days before these compilations came out.
GT/PSN: CobaltZorch

mewlax
1 month ago#9
CobaltZorch posted...
NCSledge posted...

Catching up on the story is worth it I think. Especially given how long it's been since KH2. I couldn't remember half the story from the games I had played, and I've only ever played KH1, KH2 and Days before these compilations came out.

I'm mostly doing it because KH3 is supposed to be the conclusion to this story arc so i want the whole story fresh in my mind. Also i'm a weird 100%er, when something gets done I always go the whole hog. I explained what I was doing the other day and someone said they do the same for Final Fantasy. Why? They're not even really connected to each other!

mewlax
1 month ago#10
Finished Days Lv1 run over the weekend. I forgot how long the game can be! I got to about day 250+ and enemies (bosses) started killing me in one lethal hit. Bosses that weren't affected by magic were very slow, my magic oriented keyblade was only doing chip damage :p

Leechgrave was the dreaded enemy but it only took a few attempts once i learned how to bait it to attack. Ruler of the Sky was the killer...such a long battle and so easy to mess up once he starts swooping. Final boss wasn't too bad, just took a long time. It wasn't until the 2nd form that I realised you could stop the healing move! All in all, not a massively tough game at Lv1 but still rewarding :)

Started KH2 yesterday, got as far as waking up Sora. Couple of deaths already ¬_¬
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix
  3. Playing all the games before KH3? How's your progress?
  • Topic Archived