• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Daweird

Daweird
1 month ago#1
Besides the added data battles/AS etc. Did anything get changed from the original KH2 like they did in the Final Mix version of the first game? I still have my original Piggyback Interactive guide for 2 and I would like to use it.

User Info: Ryan86

Ryan86
1 month ago#2
As far as guide goes, it should work out pretty well. You'll be in your own with the puzzle pieces, but they are easy enough.
Barely playing online anymore. =\

User Info: MasterPillow147

MasterPillow147
1 month ago#3
Bulky Vendors now drop Serenity materials instead of Bright materials, but they still drop Orichalcums. Also, Nobodies no longer drop Serenity materials. Many treasure chests have different things in them now as well, but they're still found in the same places. In addition, each Lucky Lucky ability increases item drop rates by a factor of 1 + 0.5n (n is the number of equipped Lucky Lucky abilities) in Final Mix, whereas in the original KH2, each Lucky Lucky ability increased item drop rates by a factor of 1 + 0.3n. Overall, the changes between KH2 and KH2FM are similar to the changes between KH1 and KH1FM.
I'm that completist gamer who always tries to maximize values in video games.

User Info: Hanetsune

Hanetsune
4 weeks ago#4
Also no weapons have Lucky Lucky attached to them anymore (eg. Sweet Memories has Drive Converter as an ability instead of Lucky Lucky). Instead Lucky Rings can be synthesized now. On the topic of weapon abilities, some have been changed, and Sweet Memories gives 4 magic now (as opposed to 0).

Scan isn't a level up ability anymore and is instead a Get Bonus for beating Axel 1. And the order for some abilities from Get Bonuses have also been changed around (eg. you get Finishing Leap instead of Explosion after Volcano and Blizzard Lord, and Explosion is obtained after Solar Sailor fight).

new abilities and items should be self explanatory. And that's all I can remember to add off the top of my head

User Info: Drethrake

Drethrake
4 weeks ago#5
There's an extra "form" you obtain called the "Limit form" which basically has limit breaks in the Final Mix of KH2.

Level that up (by using it in battle and defeating enemies) and you will unlock the OG Dodge Roll from KH1.

The other forms now also level up stuff like the jump, glide, etc. abilities, I forget if that was in the main game or not. It's been a LONG time since I played OG KH2.
I'm a Writer and also a Gamer.

User Info: dabestgamerYT

dabestgamerYT
4 weeks ago#6
Drethrake posted...
(by using it in battle and defeating enemies)

Nitpick: Limit Form gains EXP by using and completing any of its Limits.

Drethrake posted...
The other forms now also level up stuff like the jump, glide, etc. abilities, I forget if that was in the main game or not. It's been a LONG time since I played OG KH2.

Yes, the growth abilities associated with Valor, Wisdom, Master, and Final existed in the original KH2.
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
4 weeks ago#7
Wasn't Final Form a LOT harder to get in the original release? Now, all you have to do is beat a late-game boss and equip the keyblade and drive in battle and after five attempts max, you get it.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
4 weeks ago#8
Also no weapons have Lucky Lucky attached to them anymore

I think you used to get Lucky Luckys via leveling before and they now added them as prizes to upgrading Limit Form.

There's also a few minor changes like how Horizontal Slash was made stronger (arguably overpowered now) and the time limits for some minigames have changed.

Nitpick: Limit Form gains EXP by using and completing any of its Limits.

Not really something to nitpick since this form is very easily farmed. I'd be more annoyed if it was like Wisdom or Final form and required more enemy grinding.

Wasn't Final Form a LOT harder to get in the original release? Now, all you have to do is beat a late-game boss and equip the keyblade and drive in battle and after five attempts max, you get it.

Well, yes, because the keyblade you equipped to help this did not exist...I assume they added it just to help this process. So you basically had to just keep driving into a form and hoping you got it. There's was a nice exploit to use the save right after the Roxas fight to just keep driving over and over until you got it so it wasn't a big deal.

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
4 weeks ago#9
I think Dabest was saying it was a nitpick because the previous user said you had to defeat enemies to level up Limit Form and you don't; you just have to use the Finisher for any of the Limits.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
4 weeks ago#10
I think Dabest was saying it was a nitpick because the previous user said you had to defeat enemies to level up Limit Form and you don't

Oh I see. Makes sense. Sorry, Mr. Best.
  • Topic Archived