• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix
  3. Started on critical and I'm going to need help...(spoilers)

User Info: LostKarma

LostKarma
2 months ago#1
I started this topic many years ago and the community was so helpful during my 1.5 run, I really wouldn't have done as much stuff without their help so starting one for KH2.5.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/684080-kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix/70345454

So I always play on easy in games, only finished KH2 on normal, I'm very lazy but I've heard critical was so good I had to try. I died 3 times on the struggle bat fights (not even joking!) so I went to normal, after finishing Mulan's world and feeling guilty/bored I decided to give critical another go and I've been on it ever since.

Anyway I've just beaten the cage boss in Halloween Town (took me 6 tries, I'm awful!) but have a few questions...

1. Is there a good time to synth? I've been synthesising stuff as and when I can (lucky lucky helps loads and drops seem regular) but there isn't an order to what I'm doing so not sure if I'm wasting materials by making bangles here and there.

2. Is there a quick way to restore drive gauge without using items?

3. I think I got high jump from Valor form (in base Sora) and on the wiki it seems to say quick run for wisdom but the other forms don't seem to have any abilities base Sora can learn which seems shoddy, is that true?

4. I find Donald and Goofy very helpful but is there any abilities I should always leave on them? I'm not sure what works best for them. Also I've been AP boosting Sora I'm assuming that's correct and I should never give D/G AP boosts?

Finally I've been reading horror stories about the Roxas fight, if you had to list 3 mandatory story fights in critical mode that were really difficult what would they be? I can't do any optional fights ( I lost at struggle bats! this is not a person that can beat Org XIII!)

The things that have killed me most have been Hades escape and beast sub boss! Not even a real boss but a literal one shot!
-----

User Info: -FSL

-FSL
2 months ago#2
LostKarma posted...
2. Is there a quick way to restore drive gauge without using items?

While using a summon or drive form, exit a world using a save point to fully restore the whole gauge.

LostKarma posted...
3. I think I got high jump from Valor form (in base Sora) and on the wiki it seems to say quick run for wisdom but the other forms don't seem to have any abilities base Sora can learn which seems shoddy, is that true?

They do, you can see them highlighted in Yellow on their ability screen.

LostKarma posted...
4. I find Donald and Goofy very helpful but is there any abilities I should always leave on them? I'm not sure what works best for them. Also I've been AP boosting Sora I'm assuming that's correct and I should never give D/G AP boosts?

Goofy Tornado and Donald's Limits are the highest priority, otherwise it's whatever you feel. Item boost and Hyper Healing are second priority. You'll get more AP boosts than you can apply to Sora by treasure and general rewards, so you'll get to a point where you can't apply more eventually.

LostKarma posted...
Finally I've been reading horror stories about the Roxas fight, if you had to list 3 mandatory story fights in critical mode that were really difficult what would they be?

Roxas is probably the hardest in the whole story. Then it'd be Genie Jafar and then the 1000 Heartless. Otherwise, there's nothing too terribly difficult comparatively.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gothwood9

User Info: FallenStar2565

FallenStar2565
2 months ago#3
I can't imagine Genie Jafar giving anyone trouble, even on Critical; maybe just the movement physics with the carpet might mess you up a little but with full Air Combos and Horizontal Slash, you should make quick work of him.

Also, to answer an earlier question, you get Dodge Roll from Limit Form, Aerial Dodge from Master Form, and Glide from Final Form.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin
"Wow... Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

User Info: Expelsword

Expelsword
2 months ago#4
LostKarma posted...
1. Is there a good time to synth? I've been synthesising stuff as and when I can (lucky lucky helps loads and drops seem regular) but there isn't an order to what I'm doing so not sure if I'm wasting materials by making bangles here and there.

Do Hundred Acre Wood all the way through to get the Style Recipe and make Ribbons (Don't use your Mythril Crystals for anything else.) One page is in Pride Lands that's optional, but the others are pretty hard to miss.

Before that you can easily get by on just the Aquamarine Rings and Aegis Chains that are buyable.
The fight will never stop.

User Info: shadowfreak1101

shadowfreak1101
2 months ago#5
Expelsword posted...
LostKarma posted...

Do Hundred Acre Wood all the way through to get the Style Recipe and make Ribbons (Don't use your Mythril Crystals for anything else.) One page is in Pride Lands that's optional, but the others are pretty hard to miss.

Before that you can easily get by on just the Aquamarine Rings and Aegis Chains that are buyable.

And if you have trouble with Munny, it's a bit hard to get early on, but both the Land of Dragons and Beast's Castle are good for some small time Munny farms. For LoD, look for Nightwalkers and Bolt Towers; BC look for the statues. Once Gambler Nobodies appear though, Munny will no longer be an issue.
Things I learned from Earthbound: Toothbrushes blind people, mushrooms are evil, and trees explode when they die.

FallenStar2565
2 months ago#6
Gamblers are easily encounterable in Yen Sid's Tower - you could go there to more easily level up Final Form and then use the RC command to win Munny off of the Gamblers.
"Thou art such a pain in the... confound it all! Now I'm starting to talk like you!" - Sabin

User Info: dabestgamerYT

dabestgamerYT
2 months ago#7
LostKarma posted...

3. Leveling up your Forms gets you the following corresponding abilities:
Valor - High Jump
Wisdom - Quick Run
Limit - Dodge Roll
Master - Aerial Dodge
Final - Glide

LostKarma posted...

4. Not Auto Limit. The Auto Limit/Drive/Summon abilities can get in the way of Reaction Commands you might actually want to use.

LostKarma posted...
Finally I've been reading horror stories about the Roxas fight, if you had to list 3 mandatory story fights in critical mode that were really difficult what would they be? I can't do any optional fights ( I lost at struggle bats! this is not a person that can beat Org XIII!)

Roxas can be rough, yes. Anyway, the Absent Silhouette fights are best handled when you have the adequate abilities and equipment to handle them (though Leveling Up helps, too).
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!

User Info: -FSL

-FSL
2 months ago#8
FallenStar2565 posted...
I can't imagine Genie Jafar giving anyone trouble, even on Critical

Must've been a Level 1 only problem then.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/gothwood9

FallenStar2565
2 months ago#9
-FSL posted...

I might be a little overleveled too, lol. I think my average level for that point is probably close to 40 or so because I do a little Trinity Limit bashing in the CoR just before the Demyx fight. Mostly just to try to learn how to deal with the Mad Rides with their blasted HP Gate and to try to learn how to get a high hit count with Trinity.

User Info: dabestgamerYT

dabestgamerYT
2 months ago#10
-FSL posted...
FallenStar2565 posted...
I can't imagine Genie Jafar giving anyone trouble, even on Critical

Yeah, Genie Jafar can be really rough on LV1 if he gets to do his DM, because then you have to worry about all the projectiles being thrown at you while trying to stun the boss, making it really easy to die.

Doable, sure, but still rough.
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix
  3. Started on critical and I'm going to need help...(spoilers)
  • Topic Archived