• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. What's your least liked weapon type and why?

User Info: NX-Zero

NX-Zero
1 month ago#21
Pizzacat10 posted...
Taen posted...
Dualies. Because they will always be noob weapons to me. I’m especially talking about Dualie Squelchers, f***ing hell. Possibly except the Glooga Duals.
Shooters at a close second except the H-3 because I don’t need that sort of salt in my life.

Honestly I'm a dualie main but I partly agree. With the dualie squelchers I don't necessarily hate the weapon, but iirc it was squid vs octo that the things were just EVERYWHERE. I tried it out myself and got around 15 splats, went on a huge win streak. Maybe not anymore, but at the time I would definitely say they were a noob weapon. Very overused. With the gloogas, I know they're good and I respect anyone that can use them, but nintendo took everything I love with the basic dualies and threw it in the trash. No more high fire rate, no more fast dodgerolls. You can turf with it I guess but nowhere near as good as the hero dualies.

I can agree with this, but gloogas take LOTS of skill to use. Dualie Squelchers can go die in a fire tho. They need their dodge rolls cucked

User Info: adreloul

adreloul
1 month ago#22
shooter and dualie

shooter just feel boring to me kinda like the fact that splatoon have wtf weapon like bucket roller and brella so the regular shooter is very boring tbh

dualli because its a noob weapon and the fact that shooter and duali are overused is kinda really boring and obnoxious tbh

User Info: Taen

Taen
1 month ago#23
NX-Zero posted...
Pizzacat10 posted...
Taen posted...
Dualies. Because they will always be noob weapons to me. I’m especially talking about Dualie Squelchers, f***ing hell. Possibly except the Glooga Duals.
Shooters at a close second except the H-3 because I don’t need that sort of salt in my life.

Honestly I'm a dualie main but I partly agree. With the dualie squelchers I don't necessarily hate the weapon, but iirc it was squid vs octo that the things were just EVERYWHERE. I tried it out myself and got around 15 splats, went on a huge win streak. Maybe not anymore, but at the time I would definitely say they were a noob weapon. Very overused. With the gloogas, I know they're good and I respect anyone that can use them, but nintendo took everything I love with the basic dualies and threw it in the trash. No more high fire rate, no more fast dodgerolls. You can turf with it I guess but nowhere near as good as the hero dualies.

I can agree with this, but gloogas take LOTS of skill to use. Dualie Squelchers can go die in a fire tho. They need their dodge rolls cucked

I main Glooga Dualies. I have a seething anger towards Dualie Squelchers. I know how much GDs requires at times. Squelchers are basically Gloogas with slightly slower TTK than Gloogas after a roll, and far better turfing. With that damn sliding roll.
I’ve said this since DSquels were released. Give a melee weapon high range, turf potential AND a sliding roll? That’s a bit.. excessive?
"She's got some steel in her bones, this one..."

User Info: Currysoda

Currysoda
1 month ago#24
Taen posted...
NX-Zero posted...
I main Glooga Dualies. I have a seething anger towards Dualie Squelchers. I know how much GDs requires at times. Squelchers are basically Gloogas with slightly slower TTK than Gloogas after a roll, and far better turfing. With that damn sliding roll.
I’ve said this since DSquels were released. Give a melee weapon high range, turf potential AND a sliding roll? That’s a bit.. excessive?

Also with the ability to scope out the entire enemy AND mark them with Point Sensor.

I used to main Dualie Squelchers and there are many times when Point Sensor helped my team mates deal with Ninja Squid users or flankers. A pretty under-rated weapon.

I can't stand using Blasters. s*** requires too much calculation.

Just let me spray and pray.
Remember to Keep It Spicy

User Info: Silver79

Silver79
1 month ago#25
Maybe Brushes or Buckets? I just don’t know how to use them properly.
You are standing on the surface of the Earth. You walk one mile South, one mile West, and one mile North. You are back to where you started. Where are you?

User Info: HyperKirby7

HyperKirby7
1 month ago#26
Taen posted...
Dualies. Because they will always be noob weapons to me. I’m especially talking about Dualie Squelchers, f***ing hell.

I've always thought the same. They combine the aim forgiveness of shooters with the ink-cheating nature of brushes in one easy-to-use package, and then they kept buffing them to make them even easier to use.
After they made the bullet hitboxes larger, I was waiting for the day when the patch notes would read "All dualies now wipe your ass and do your taxes".

The fact that they get buffs after rolling is just insult to injury.
Splatoon 2 Mains: ALL THE TENTA BRELLAS, Sub: ALL THE BRUSHES
DON'T WORRY, I'M HERE TO HELP

User Info: Xethea

Xethea
1 month ago#27
I hate tents for being too weak and slow and not even having a good pair of sub and special weapons, I hate the slow and short range blasters, the gals sound annoying and are annoying with how fast they shoot, most scope/snipe guns suck period, the very fast but very weak ink brushes suck, but if I was to say overall, I hate the H-3 nozzle, the way it fires is not useful for anything.
I'm an author, artist, preacher, a video game project. been writing, drawing anime& playing video games for over 25 years.I love what I do and so do others.

User Info: Xethea

Xethea
1 month ago#28
Silver79 posted...
Maybe Brushes or Buckets? I just don’t know how to use them properly.

Brushes aren't good for turf unless you are at least getting around 10 kills in the match by yourself. But what I love them for is Tower Control and mostly Clam Blitz. You can rush to the barrier with the ink brush, and you'll be approaching people constantly, so its a good defense.

Sloshers/buckets are good for killing people in 1 hit, but they are the absolute worst weapon for Turf war. That is more useful again for Tower Control and possibly Splat Zones since you will be aiming for a certain spot the whole time and killing constantly.
I'm an author, artist, preacher, a video game project. been writing, drawing anime& playing video games for over 25 years.I love what I do and so do others.

User Info: DarknessOp3191

DarknessOp3191
1 month ago#29
Bamboozler

Don't like its lack of power, the fact that it doesn't really "charge", or its thin ink trails.

But the sound, especially. I dislike it.
Splatoon - Monster Hunter - Fallout - Pokemon - Smash - Mario Kart - Overwatch
https://i.imgtc.com/htAmKq4.png

User Info: NiteXp

NiteXp
1 month ago#30
Probably rollers? I mean I can have fun with them and use them from time to time, but they're definitely my least favorite weapon class
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. What's your least liked weapon type and why?
  • Topic Archived