• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Best weapon?

User Info: NuclearPandaz

NuclearPandaz
1 month ago#1
I'm trying to rank up in the modes and as I'm progressing I've found the players to be more challenging.
What are the best weapons to use? Right now I'm using the Neo Sploosh, but the Inkbrush is alright too.
The .52 gal with 4 Main Power Ups could do damage and I was tihnking of that.. Is there a tier list around anywhere for the weapons?
nothingness

User Info: Woofiewoofie

Woofiewoofie
1 month ago#2
A lot of top players have made their own tier lists recently, and they're reasonably similar. The general thought it that the Kensa Sloshing Machine, Kensa Splat Dualies and Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau are the best at the moment.

The Dualies are probably the most reliable bet if you're looking to pick something up, since they're not likely to get a significant nerf and even if they did it's an easy transition to several other really good weapons.

NuclearPandaz
1 month ago#3
Woofiewoofie posted...
A lot of top players have made their own tier lists recently, and they're reasonably similar. The general thought it that the Kensa Sloshing Machine, Kensa Splat Dualies and Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau are the best at the moment.

The Dualies are probably the most reliable bet if you're looking to pick something up, since they're not likely to get a significant nerf and even if they did it's an easy transition to several other really good weapons.

What level do you unlock the Kensa Splat Dualies at?
nothingness

User Info: bluebomber2425

bluebomber2425
1 month ago#4
NuclearPandaz posted...
The .52 gal with 4 Main Power Ups could do damage

No. That just increases your aim while, jumping, which is nice but doesnt overcome the 1v1 flaws the weapon has. Nice weapon but not top weapon.
Splatoon 2 Friend Code and Pure Gear: https://goo.gl/MXKbJa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bluebomber2425

Woofiewoofie
1 month ago#5
NuclearPandaz posted...

What level do you unlock the Kensa Splat Dualies at?

Level 16. The main weapon is the same as normal Splat Dualies by the way, just with a different kit (Baller is pretty much the best special)

User Info: NX-Zero

NX-Zero
1 month ago#6
Neo Sploosh-O-Matic is just hot garbage. But right now Kensa Dualies or Kensa Sloshing Machine are the gud ones rn

NuclearPandaz
1 month ago#7
bluebomber2425 posted...
NuclearPandaz posted...

No. That just increases your aim while, jumping, which is nice but doesnt overcome the 1v1 flaws the weapon has. Nice weapon but not top weapon.

It says increases damage in the ability box.

What are the best abilities to have on clothing? I've decided to save my cash and make my gear custom, since buying new gear and unlocking the abilities will always be random.
nothingness

NuclearPandaz
1 month ago#8
NX-Zero posted...
Neo Sploosh-O-Matic is just hot garbage. But right now Kensa Dualies or Kensa Sloshing Machine are the gud ones rn

I like the fact that I can use the Squid Beacons, they've become very useful.
nothingness

User Info: Pizzacat10

Pizzacat10
1 month ago#9
NuclearPandaz posted...
bluebomber2425 posted...
NuclearPandaz posted...

It says increases damage in the ability box.

What are the best abilities to have on clothing? I've decided to save my cash and make my gear custom, since buying new gear and unlocking the abilities will always be random.

The effect is different for every weapon. To check what it is for a weapon, just equip the weapon you wanna check and then go look at the ability box.

I'd answer your question but tbh I don't care about meta or strategy. Use what weapons you're good with, nintendo does a pretty good job of balancing most weapons. Just because you're using a weapon that's "overpowered" doesn't mean you're magically a god.
Moist
Woomy! Oomi! Veemo! Nyges! Booyah! Ouch! This way! Help! C'mon!

Woofiewoofie
1 month ago#10
NuclearPandaz posted...
NX-Zero posted...

I like the fact that I can use the Squid Beacons, they've become very useful.

On that note, if you want something that is pretty similar to Sploosh but better, be sure to try out Dapple Dualies (they have Beacons too). They unlock quite late, like level 26 or something, but I imagine you'll like them.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Best weapon?
  • Topic Archived