• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. C/D: It sucks that the squidmas splatfest was delayed for a smash splatfest

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
1 month ago#11
lol yeah. By that time everybody is back to their s***ty work. Nothing gets my squidmas spirit more going than sitting at work and waiting for it to end. Haha.

User Info: Regal_Bryant12

Regal_Bryant12
1 month ago#12
Advertising for a game that doesn't need any more advertising is more important than the holidays.
Yeah man I conquered this sucka! -Mac
Attitude check...Yeah, I'm really high! -Zoe

TheBest69
1 month ago#13
Regal_Bryant12 posted...
Advertising for a game that doesn't need any more advertising is more important than the holidays.

Yeah, it's not like everybody knew Smash was coming. And the plaza sure wasn't full with Smash posts. And the internet sure wasn't full to the brim with Smash posts. It was a stealth release.

User Info: HyperKirby7

HyperKirby7
1 month ago#14
NightMareBunny posted...
we had one last year and we had one during splatoon 1 how is this any different now?

i just think it's dumb to have a holiday splatfest in january asking people who do they spend the holidays with....when nobody's even thinking about holidays by that time

Because it's a two-day fest, holiday hats, decorations, etc etc. The fest last year was not like this.
I feel like this was fairly self-evident.
Splatoon 2 Mains: Tenta Brella, Tenta Sorella Brella (Sub: Brushes)
DON'T WORRY, I'M HERE TO HELP

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#15
HyperKirby7 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...
we had one last year and we had one during splatoon 1 how is this any different now?

i just think it's dumb to have a holiday splatfest in january asking people who do they spend the holidays with....when nobody's even thinking about holidays by that time

Because it's a two-day fest, holiday hats, decorations, etc etc. The fest last year was not like this.

and again having it start long after the holidays are done decorations are gone and everyone's back to work/school is really stupid

a two day splatfest from 12/14/-12/16 wouldn't hurt anything as a holidays one

we didn't need this smash splatfest
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: HyperKirby7

HyperKirby7
1 month ago#16
NightMareBunny posted...
HyperKirby7 posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

and again having it start long after the holidays are done decorations are gone and everyone's back to work/school is really stupid

a two day splatfest from 12/14/-12/16 wouldn't hurt anything as a holidays one

we didn't need this smash splatfest

Based on your other topic and this one, I get the feeling that you'll never acknowledge that they might actually have a reason beyond Smash to put the Splatfest after Christmas because you have something against Smash, are very deeply entrenched in the idea that Smash delayed it, and just want to piss and moan about how Smash is ruining everything.
Talking to you is a waste of time. Put this in the venting topic where it belongs next time.
Splatoon 2 Mains: Tenta Brella, Tenta Sorella Brella (Sub: Brushes)
DON'T WORRY, I'M HERE TO HELP

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
1 month ago#17
what reason is there to celebrate the holidays long after the holidays are over? anyone who still has decorations up and is dressed in holiday apparel by that time is someone who has no concept of time
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
1 month ago#18
I don't understand it either, tbh. If they wanted a Smash Splatfest so badly, they should have just had two in December. It makes all of no sense to celebrate the holidays after the holidays.

But whatever, Nintendo made the whack decision, not me! I'll play it either way.
Playing - Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (XONE); Fortnite (XONE/NS); Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! (NS); Splatoon 2 (NS); Timberman VS (NS)

User Info: DrFetus

DrFetus
1 month ago#19
Regal_Bryant12 posted...

Brand awareness. Even if people know the product, they want everyone to know about it, even in case it somehow escaped people's minds, and to remind them it exists. It's why stuff like Coca Cola runs ads, that basically just say "we exist" despite being a well known brand.

Though I'm not sure why a holiday Splatfest taking place after the holidays is a big deal. It's a bit odd, but it's not like it really impacts anything. Heck, there was basically a Halloween costume released for the game... in November. (Or December if you lived in NA.)

TheBest69
1 month ago#20
It's very important! Squidmas is the most important time of the year and nintendo ruined it!
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. C/D: It sucks that the squidmas splatfest was delayed for a smash splatfest
  • Topic Archived