• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. C/D: It sucks that the squidmas splatfest was delayed for a smash splatfest

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
3 months ago#1
confirm or deny?
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
3 months ago#2
It wasn't delayed. Which makes more sense- holiday splatfest far from christmas, or near christmas?
"Nothing is gonna save us forever, but a lot of things can save us today". -Mae

NightMareBunny
3 months ago#3
GearRandom posted...
It wasn't delayed. Which makes more sense- holiday splatfest far from christmas, or near christmas?

January 4th is neither of those things...

when you hold a splatfest that day and ask who do you spend the holidays with after the holiday season is over...it seems like a stupid question ask

User Info: TheLightsAreOn

TheLightsAreOn
3 months ago#4
i would have preferred the smash splatfest a week before smash came out, AND a christmas one after, to give new players a chance to get the basics down...
"Don't quote me on this"
-Me-

User Info: HyperKirby7

HyperKirby7
3 months ago#5
I could understand the logic behind it a bit.

- You want to have it after Christmas so that people just getting the game as a gift can see the announcement and play

- You want to announce it a week ahead of time so that people can gear up

- They announce it Friday after Christmas (December 28th) so that the new people can see it and get ready for the Splatfest on the following Friday (January 4th)

So Smash didn't really delay it.
Splatoon 2 Mains: Tenta Brella, Tenta Sorella Brella (Sub: Brushes)
DON'T WORRY, I'M HERE TO HELP

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#6
N could've just switched the places of the fests. Why does the Smash fest have to be now? Why not the Squidmas fest when its ACTUALLY f***ING SQUIDMAS!? Smash isn't running away. And we will not get another squidmas fest. Morons at Nintendo strike again.

NightMareBunny
3 months ago#7
HyperKirby7 posted...

- You want to have it after Christmas so that people just getting the game as a gift can see the announcement and play

- They announce it Friday after Christmas (December 28th) so that the new people can see it and get ready for the Splatfest on the following Friday (January 4th)

but here's the thing....christmas and new years eve are in december....by the time this splatfest happens both of those will have been done for quite a while

why have a holidays splatfest when the holidays are over?

User Info: DrFetus

DrFetus
3 months ago#8
TheBest69 posted...
N could've just switched the places of the fests. Why does the Smash fest have to be now? Why not the Squidmas fest when its ACTUALLY f***ING SQUIDMAS!? Smash isn't running away. And we will not get another squidmas fest. Morons at Nintendo strike again.

Probably wanted to market it while it was fresh in everyone's minds. That's typically the best time for that sort of thing.

And it's not specifically Christmas. Just covers both it and New Years. (And Christmas isn't that big of a deal in Japan.)

User Info: HyperKirby7

HyperKirby7
3 months ago#9
NightMareBunny posted...
HyperKirby7 posted...

but here's the thing....christmas and new years eve are in december....by the time this splatfest happens both of those will have been done for quite a while

why have a holidays splatfest when the holidays are over?

Would you prefer not even having one to that?
If not, I refer you to my previous timeline.

This is a big deal, like the Halloween one. They likely want new players to be able to participate.
Splatoon 2 Mains: Tenta Brella, Tenta Sorella Brella (Sub: Brushes)
DON'T WORRY, I'M HERE TO HELP

NightMareBunny
3 months ago#10
we had one last year and we had one during splatoon 1 how is this any different now?

i just think it's dumb to have a holiday splatfest in january asking people who do they spend the holidays with....when nobody's even thinking about holidays by that time
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. C/D: It sucks that the squidmas splatfest was delayed for a smash splatfest
  • Topic Archived