• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. can't escape smash brothers even if you are just playing splatoon

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
3 months ago#1
nintendo will make sure you talk about smash brothers in some fashion
Gamefaqs Nintendo Discord Server: https://discord.gg/v9ut5hv

User Info: BerryBlast

BerryBlast
3 months ago#2
Marketing baby, gotta sell that product to make those profits. It's all about the moolah.
Fruity and dangerous.

User Info: ___shan

___shan
3 months ago#3
Will they? I'm still not interested.

User Info: FunSizeFenia

FunSizeFenia
3 months ago#4
NightMareBunny posted...
nintendo will make sure you talk about smash brothers in some fashion

This and a couple of topics here related to SSBU are the only time I talked about it, aside from posting Splatoon/SSBU fanarts that is--Like so:

https://i.imgtc.com/aK1QR23.png

The only thing that truly interested me was Ultimate's "World of Light" Single Player, just as Brawl's "Subspace Emissary" did back in the Wii.

BerryBlast posted...
Marketing baby, gotta sell that product to make those profits. It's all about the moolah.

Exactly.

Just as Splatoon is Nintendo shilling for big-name corporations like Nike, McDonalds, Sanrio, and UNIQLO, the entire Smash series is not only fan-service for their own titles, but mutual-shilling with other video game corporations like Square-Enix, SEGA, Konami and CAPCOM.

Mutual-shilling is for two or more corporations to collaborate with each other (i.e. shill one another) to mutually benefit and attract the general consumers by introducing them to the other's products--for increased profits and potential future patronage--which is, more often than not, quite successful.

In other words, all these video game collaborations and crossovers (costumes, DLCs, guest characters, etc.) are all designed for mutual-shilling in order to gain maximum profits for all corporate entities involved by making any and all fans become aware of the other's products.
Two words I live by:Honor and another H word involving tentacles.
RO:ACE ID - [Fenia] ~Keeper of Menia's armpits, No HALO/OCA PotG savant~ [imgur.com/4VzCS7F]

User Info: kroda

kroda
3 months ago#5
It's always better to analyse thing when you know about history.

This is funny to see Nintendo doing exactly what they called "wrong" long ago, using brands in their own games. They already did that 30 years ago, but they were wise at the time, they knew it was a pandora box that ultimately bloated and bastardized their own products.

So what changed? Why a bad idea from the past would be good now? The main reason I see is that the new generation is really more trapped into the marketing hamster wheel than the previous generations.

Marketing business has changed and is a lot more intrusive and stealth than before. Young kids watch Youtubers thinking they are just random cool dudes showing off stuff but this is just marketing. Viral marketing is a thing since 10 years now and this is a grey line that is very hard to grasp for younger people.

20 years ago, people were complaining over adds on the Internet or TV, now they actually ask for adds.
So the reality has changed, now, you can put adds on a game and people are so brainwashed since childhood that they actually enjoy it.

(sorry for my english is their is lots of mistake)

FunSizeFenia
3 months ago#6
kroda posted...
It's always better to analyse thing when you know about history.

This is funny to see Nintendo doing exactly what they called "wrong" long ago, using brands in their own games. They already did that 30 years ago, but they were wise at the time, they knew it was a pandora box that ultimately bloated and bastardized their own products.

So what changed? Why a bad idea from the past would be good now? The main reason I see is that the new generation is really more trapped into the marketing hamster wheel than the previous generations.

Marketing business has changed and is a lot more intrusive and stealth than before. Young kids watch Youtubers thinking they are just random cool dudes showing off stuff but this is just marketing. Viral marketing is a thing since 10 years now and this is a grey line that is very hard to grasp for younger people.

20 years ago, people were complaining over adds on the Internet or TV, now they actually ask for adds.
So the reality has changed, now, you can put adds on a game and people are so brainwashed since childhood that they actually enjoy it.

(sorry for my english is their is lots of mistake)

Which is what the Splatfests are all about, when all is said and done (more so in Japan than anywhere else).

Splatoon's multiplayer is nothing more than a massive, mutual corporate-shilling game when it comes to Splatfests.

After those are over, there is nothing left but the (digital) glory until the next installment.

This is what makes Splatoon quite unique and separates it from other games because of the amount of corporate shilling, be it by Nintendo's other assets or via a collaboration.

The Idols themselves are nothing more than self-aware (well-paid) corporate-shills that even make jabs at their jobs and careers.

While Nintendo started out opposed to this practice, they eventually caved in just like the rest after seeing the (profitable) effects it has on this generation of conformity and instant-gratification.

Smash Ultimate is no different, with its many characters from various franchises owned by well-known gaming corporations.

All these corporate collaborations and crossovers have all but one purpose like any other business: Making money.

Stubborn as Nintendo was, they finally realized that they too must adapt to this generation of consumers, as they eventually added paid DLCs to their console games, then Loot Box/Crates/Gacha to their mobile games.

Let us hope the latter STAYS in the cod damned mobile games.

Thank you for making that excellent summation of how our culture has evolved this past decade. Viral and stealth marketing are all around us now, and there is no escaping it--merely delaying the inevitable--before eventually adapting to (and craving) it.
RO:ACE ID - [Fenia] ~Keeper of Menia's armpits, No HALO/OCA PotG savant~ [imgur.com/4VzCS7F]

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
3 months ago#7
Smash has to beg to reach us, the Woomy Squad. Pathetic. just foolin' around lol

FunSizeFenia
3 months ago#8
TheBest69 posted...
Smash has to beg to reach us, the Woomy Squad. Pathetic. just foolin' around lol

Exactly, via the upcoming Splatfest. If only they actually added Splatoon characters (granted, one of the skins is Agent 3, but her, 4 and 8 are literal player avatars), it would have garnered more interest for the Splatoon community.

Seeing Donkey Kong or Captain Falcon (or both) brutally smash Callie over and over while she is dressed-up in her Hypno Hooker outfit would make my year.

User Info: LumaRosalina

LumaRosalina
3 months ago#9
Hey, if Smash is gonna market Splatoon by adding playable Inklings, a Squid Sisters Assist Trophy, and several Splatoon spirits, Splatoon ought to return the favor.
Official #1 DJ Octavio supporter for Smash Ultimate.
"The internet is the world's most valuable resource!" -SMG3

FunSizeFenia
3 months ago#10
LumaRosalina posted...
Hey, if Smash is gonna market Splatoon by adding playable Inklings, a Squid Sisters Assist Trophy, and several Splatoon spirits, Splatoon ought to return the favor.

The Splatfest we are having this month is Splatoon returning the favor.

It is a Shill-Shill--er, I mean Win-Win for everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. can't escape smash brothers even if you are just playing splatoon
  • Topic Archived