• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Which team are you joining for the Smash Splatfest?

User Info: Hakros323

Hakros323
1 month ago#1
Which one? - Results (112 votes)
Team Heroes
63.39% (71 votes)
Team Villains
36.61% (41 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is a very tough one.

If we're judging based on the characters on the announcement picture alone, I might have to go with Villains.

User Info: Pizzacat10

Pizzacat10
1 month ago#2
Villains. There are a ton of cool nintendo bad guys. Bowser, tartar, DJ octavio... the inklings and octolings living in inkopolis are cool an all, especially the squidbeak splatoon and off the hook, but in the splatoon franchise alone nintendo has come up with way more bad characters for you to fight in the single player and octo expansion, and every single one of them is creative and unique. The s1 bosses especially. DJ octavio (which I already mentioned), the octostomp, the octosneeze (I think that's what it's called), the clam guy, and the fish guy with the teeth. And the stage that you had to advance through in DJ Octavio's boss fight? How the other octorians spawned in and you had to fight them too? The music? His fight was the absolute BEST in s1. In s2 it's not that the devs were less creative, they just sort of went off of what they did in s1 heavily but took away the cool background with the floating tentacles, the song wasn't as good in my opinion... they just reused a lot of stuff and took out a lot of stuff and I feel like the things that they did add still just didn't make it as bigger and better as the rest of the game. (I finished the entire singleplayer (with one weapon of course, not 1,000%, two days after splatoon released. So July 23rd. It took me a year to figure out how to beat the octostomp - splatoon 1's very first boss - in s1 without looking it up.)
Moist

User Info: bluebomber2425

bluebomber2425
1 month ago#3
The only villain I like is King Dedede and not even that much.
Splatoon 2 Friend Code and Pure Gear: https://goo.gl/MXKbJa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/bluebomber2425

User Info: kroda

kroda
1 month ago#4
neither, I'll skip this one, can't stand the fact this IP is so intrusive

User Info: DarknessOp3191

DarknessOp3191
1 month ago#5
Samus, Pikachu, Lucario, Link, Zelda, Luigi

Dark Samus, Ridley, Mewtwo (?), Bowser, Wolf, Ganondorf

Tough but I lean toward villains.

Darth Vader ftw
Splatoon - Monster Hunter - Fallout - Pokemon - Smash - Mario Kart - Overwatch
[Game] is the Dark Souls of Skyrim with guns.

User Info: Woofiewoofie

Woofiewoofie
1 month ago#6
I'm not too fussed either way about this one. I do like Smash, but I've lost interest in the games pretty quickly apart from Melee, and I've never played half of the games the characters originate from. I'm leaning towards heroes, but I think this will be one where I leave it quite late and base it on my friends list.

User Info: rusquidkidingme

rusquidkidingme
1 month ago#7
Wait there's a Smash Splatfest?
Well, since Link is one of my favorite characters I'll go with heroes.
Pfft
So?

User Info: Yosher

Yosher
1 month ago#8
Yoshi is a hero. Ergo I will go with heroes. You can't go wrong with Yoshi.

Also cool that they're finally doing another Nintendo themed Splatfest.
Yoshi is love. Yoshi is life.

User Info: FunSizeFenia

FunSizeFenia
1 month ago#9
For this Splatfest, I will be villainous and side with Marina--After all, she designed each and every Shifty Station to cause as much grievance for Inklings (and now Octolings) as possible:

https://i.imgtc.com/3oXaAtU.png

Pizzacat10 posted...
Villains. There are a ton of cool nintendo bad guys. Bowser, tartar, DJ octavio... the inklings and octolings living in inkopolis are cool an all, especially the squidbeak splatoon and off the hook, but in the splatoon franchise alone nintendo has come up with way more bad characters for you to fight in the single player and octo expansion, and every single one of them is creative and unique. The s1 bosses especially. DJ octavio (which I already mentioned), the octostomp, the octosneeze (I think that's what it's called), the clam guy, and the fish guy with the teeth. And the stage that you had to advance through in DJ Octavio's boss fight? How the other octorians spawned in and you had to fight them too? The music? His fight was the absolute BEST in s1. In s2 it's not that the devs were less creative, they just sort of went off of what they did in s1 heavily but took away the cool background with the floating tentacles, the song wasn't as good in my opinion... they just reused a lot of stuff and took out a lot of stuff and I feel like the things that they did add still just didn't make it as bigger and better as the rest of the game. (I finished the entire singleplayer (with one weapon of course, not 1,000%, two days after splatoon released. So July 23rd. It took me a year to figure out how to beat the octostomp - splatoon 1's very first boss - in s1 without looking it up.)

I share your sentiments concerning him. In fact, Callie was my favorite before he showed up.

Callie was added as an unwanted tag-along that did not even engage in any physical alterations with Agent 4 in S2's Story Mode was disheartening and holding him back in that Final Boss fight.

It was a big disappointment to compare his S1 and S2 Final Boss Fight and how watered-down and easy the latter was.
Two words I live by:Honor and another H word involving tentacles.
RO:ACE ID - [Fenia] ~Keeper of Menia's armpits, No HALO/OCA PotG savant~ [imgur.com/4VzCS7F]

User Info: Pizzacat10

Pizzacat10
1 month ago#10
FunSizeFenia posted...
Pizzacat10 posted...
[reallyreallyreallylongpost]

I share your sentiments concerning him. In fact, Callie was my favorite before he showed up.

Callie was added as an unwanted tag-along that did not even engage in any physical alterations with Agent 4 in S2's Story Mode was disheartening and holding him back in that Final Boss fight.

It was a big disappointment to compare his S1 and S2 Final Boss Fight and how watered-down and easy the latter was.

(you changed the spoilers in my post but ok)

Yeah, fighting callie likeIA3 would be super cool. But now if they do it in s3 the whole idol capturing thing will be a little repetitive.
Moist
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Which team are you joining for the Smash Splatfest?
  • Topic Archived