• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. I'm more likely to report someone if they're also bad at the game

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
10 months ago#11
AnimeDeamon posted...
If I saw any swear words or racial slurs I would report, but so far in EU I haven't. I wouldn't report them because I'm offended, but because this game is more kid centric than others and I don't think loads of inappropriate things should be on here.

This is what I also do, fresh the good ones. Only report the inappropriate ones, for the kids.
I am the first one who claims that the next 2D Metroid game will be "Metroid Dread".
Signed on 24th of August, 2017

User Info: DeadlyNinjaBees

DeadlyNinjaBees
10 months ago#12
Pffft. Kids no dirty words already. Remember the stuff you were aware of as a child that you kept from adults?
"It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what." Stephen Fry

User Info: DASHWOOD

DASHWOOD
10 months ago#13
DeadlyNinjaBees posted...
Pffft. Kids no dirty words already. Remember the stuff you were aware of as a child that you kept from adults?

Yeah, but influencing other kids who are 'pure' of conscience isn't a great idea. Kids that know the stuff, won't be harmed. The ones that don't will be harmed.
I am the first one who claims that the next 2D Metroid game will be "Metroid Dread".
Signed on 24th of August, 2017

User Info: Splattothesplat

Splattothesplat
10 months ago#14
I've only reported two people... One with the name MeinFuhrer and the other who had one posted a message in the square that said Black Lives Bladder with a drawing of a bladder.

I've raged in my head at all the apparently crappy players on my team when I lose but I can't report them all and I wouldn't want to be reported when I have an off game. Then again I would never use a nickname that is rude or offensive to other people on its face.

ETA: what is wrong with reporting this garbage simply because it is racist or sexist or anti-Semitic or homophobic or whatever (regardless of the kids)? I'm speaking of stuff again that is overtly racist, sexist, etc. I don't think swear words or things like poo tuber are a big deal.

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
10 months ago#15
I use the name Poo Tuber as a joke in Private Battles but I accidentally took it into ranked once.

Now make it worse? Make my name [WUT]D***s.
https://xkcd.com/386/

User Info: FunSizeFenia

FunSizeFenia
10 months ago#16
Today, I encountered 3 [WUT] members that intentionally screwed me over in Salmon Run, costing us Wave 3 by intentionally jumping into the water and spamming "HELP!" while we are bombarded by Stingrays and Steel Eels.

In my years of playing Splatoon, I have never felt such volatile animosity and the need to extinguish their DNA off the face of Inktopolis using Spyke as a weapon, while their loved ones watch.

Alas, one cannot do so, and I did the only thing I could do--reporting and blocking them.
Two words I live by:Honor and another H word involving tentacles.
RO:ACE ID - [Fenia] ~Keeper of Menia's armpits, No HALO/OCA PotG savant~ [imgur.com/4VzCS7F]

User Info: Blade_Maker

Blade_Maker
10 months ago#17
FunSizeFenia posted...
Today, I encountered 3 [WUT] members that intentionally screwed me over in Salmon Run, costing us Wave 3 by intentionally jumping into the water and spamming "HELP!" while we are bombarded by Stingrays and Steel Eels.

In my years of playing Splatoon, I have never felt such volatile animosity and the need to extinguish their DNA off the face of Inktopolis using Spyke as a weapon, while their loved ones watch.

Alas, one cannot do so, and I did the only thing I could do--reporting and blocking them.

Ouch. Sorry to hear you got trolls like that.
I really hate not having an idea on what I'm doing.

User Info: Cheonji

Cheonji
10 months ago#18
FunSizeFenia posted...

I had a “teammate” like that in SR as well, though they just idled around the egg basket and spammed “this way” during wave 3, contributing f*** all. People like that deserve to be reported.
Nintendo Switch FC: SW 6463 8412 1039

User Info: bellzemo

bellzemo
10 months ago#19
As a true libertarian I get angry at people but at the end of the day let freedom ring.
-,..,- *Booyah!*

User Info: deeninja

deeninja
10 months ago#20
Taen posted...
I don’t report anyone, even if they play badly. Offensive nicknames don’t mean crap to me when I don’t pay attention to them...

Unless a certain @GearRandom names themself Poo Tuber.

hahahaha
SS InkDoLL // SW-5272-2652-0239 Discord: Ink_Doll#3180
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. I'm more likely to report someone if they're also bad at the game
  • Topic Archived