• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Why not allow three players to join League?

User Info: Zingo

Zingo
10 months ago#1
If you want to league with three people, you can't. I honestly see no reasoning behind not allowing this. Anyone know if they ever addressed their reasoning behind this? I mean it just seems stupid as hell.
TrollFaqs home of ignorance and where facts don't matter.

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
10 months ago#2
I guess cause you’d need a fourth and you can’t league with one to make up for the fourth.
About the only person to use the 1-10 scale like a 1-10 scale and not a 1 AND 8-10 scale. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight

User Info: Taen

Taen
10 months ago#3
I mean, if there were 2 threes, and a pair, that could work. However, not sure if it would be popular enough for that to work. Interesting idea, though.
SquidFAQs proud member & sniper, Crillin. I'm also a girl.
The official, and infamous, H-3 & Goo Tuber Main.

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
10 months ago#4
Taen posted...
I mean, if there were 2 threes, and a pair, that could work. However, not sure if it would be popular enough for that to work. Interesting idea, though.

But then you’re pitting one league team against each other.
About the only person to use the 1-10 scale like a 1-10 scale and not a 1 AND 8-10 scale. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight

User Info: Taen

Taen
10 months ago#5
Ah; my crap thinking. Then the question is, Zingo, how’d that work?
SquidFAQs proud member & sniper, Crillin. I'm also a girl.
The official, and infamous, H-3 & Goo Tuber Main.

Zingo
10 months ago#6
Yeah, I guess no one person (meaning a single player) would be looking to league...they basically have to find a friend, the option isn't there for them.

But the option seems like it should be there (for both parties) for those times when you have three people that want to play but can't find a fourth.

Sounds confusing, but this is what I mean.

User Info: deeninja

deeninja
10 months ago#7
well they do it in salmon run.. why not league..

a single player could just be added to the 3 players..
SS InkDoLL // SW-5272-2652-0239 Discord: Ink_Doll#3180

User Info: ___shan

___shan
10 months ago#8
deeninja posted...
well they do it in salmon run.. why not league..

a single player could just be added to the 3 players..

Where would the single player come from? I suppose they could allow single players to join league as well but how many people would really do that? You'd likely end up being matched with terrible players or trolls as well.

If you took people from the ranked queue it would suck for those people who might be trying to rank up (ie play the mode they selected).

Perhaps one way would be to add a duo and have the last person splatted from that 5 team wait it out till the next person died. Not ideal, but it's an option.

Zingo
10 months ago#9
Nintendo, being Nintendo?

User Info: deeninja

deeninja
10 months ago#10
3 vs 3 league.. ✔
SS InkDoLL // SW-5272-2652-0239 Discord: Ink_Doll#3180
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Why not allow three players to join League?
  • Topic Archived