• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Still a C- in Clam Blitz

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
11 months ago#1
I can’t be bothered to play the ko-less, super-strategic mode with randos. And in my current room I see FIVE <20s, one of who is 10.
Edit: OF COURSE I DC! WHY NOT?
Screw logic, I have opinions. Official blaster main and resident troll of the SquidFaqs discord. I have too much pride to post my FC so just follow my twitter.

User Info: deeninja

deeninja
11 months ago#2
some days im really good.. gettin in high kills.. victory!! n then some days im worth s***.. ive been stuck in B-.. todays one of those days.. heading back to C
D.skillz // 3DS FC: 0018-4270-7703
Ink*Doll // SW-5272-2652-0239

User Info: LunaTheUmbreon

LunaTheUmbreon
11 months ago#3
I don't think it's a bad mode, but it definitely...does require a bit more teamwork. And it's a lot more salt-inducing than other modes (at least to me).

I can't say much about C-, but I imagine there's still a ridiculous amount of good and bad players mixed together there. I've been stuck at A+ for a week now though. People know what to do but at the same time they have no idea what to do.

I've had my fair share of failures, I'm not going to blame it all on my team, but...like, if I'm sitting close to the enemy basket with 8 or 9 clams, just throw one to me. Please. There are many examples of people not thinking in this mode, as I'm sure everyone knows.
She's a poison woman!

User Info: MegaSableye

MegaSableye
11 months ago#4
Literally HOW? 🤦🏻‍♂ 😂
My shinies: http://tinyurl.com/q397n9k

User Info: CorporalPronin

CorporalPronin
11 months ago#5
I haven't even played it at all yet.

I have to be in the right mood to play ranked modes because it'll either be enjoyable or depressing, and I have yet to get the drive to try Clam Blitz due to procrastination. And it's not a good time to try now with the wave of Christmas scrubs, but I'll get to it eventually...
Sonic Riders is a good game.

User Info: ___shan

___shan
11 months ago#6
CorporalPronin posted...
I haven't even played it at all yet.

I have to be in the right mood to play ranked modes because it'll either be enjoyable or depressing, and I have yet to get the drive to try Clam Blitz due to procrastination. And it's not a good time to try now with the wave of Christmas scrubs, but I'll get to it eventually...

Same here actually. I’ll play some ranked today... but I’ve been saying that the past few days!

User Info: T_Info

T_Info
11 months ago#7
In C-, you really have to pick a weapon/kit that can make a push all by itself. Your teammates are just too unreliable. A lot of matches in the low ranks will become stalemates quickly, where no one has enough clams.

I recommend:
- any brush
- anything with Baller
- anything with Bubbler IF you’re good with that special

Higher ranks (in my experience) take on more of a rhythm, with distinct offensive and defensive pushes. That’s why in higher ranks, I think Ink Armor becomes much more helpful. Super short range and super long range weapons also become more useful as support roles.

But in C-, a sploosh or squelcher or splatling or charger is just going to be a nightmare.

User Info: KingSans2nd

KingSans2nd
11 months ago#8
I honestly had no trouble with Clam Blitz at the start. I won every single of my C- matches when it came out, and I ranked up to B. Then I had a losing streak then began to win again, and that pattern repeated every time I ranked up. It’s just random luck.
Add me because I need friends | Switch FC: SW-8496-0633-1216 | Discord: KingSans2nd#2298 | Steam: KingSans2nd | K have a good day now
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Still a C- in Clam Blitz
  • Topic Archived