• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Salmon Run - Difficulty Averaged?

User Info: nala31hitotsu

nala31hitotsu
2 years ago#1
Is the difficulty based on the average of all of the players or is it determined by the person who has the highest ranking? For example, if three part-timers and a profreshional group together, is the difficulty akin to go-getter? If possible, I'd like to pair up with anyone who's below profeshional to confirm this. Also, I've heard the pay-grade is the difficulty level, has this ever been confirmed?
(message deleted)

User Info: nala31hitotsu

nala31hitotsu
2 years ago#3
RoboJezeus posted...
When playing with a friend who was 2 ranks I wanna say below me in Salmon Run, he said that the egg quota for each wave were definitely alot higher than when he went in with a random team.
So I WANNA say it scales up a bit to inbetween, because I also noticed it was a bit easier than usual on my end. Though that might've been because I was able to communicate with him and that made it easier overall.

The pay grade I have no idea, I do know that you can't rise in rank/pay-grade if you are with someone who is a lower rank than you. So you'll be locked at that pay-grade, unless you lose a round then it'll be lowered but can't be risen up unless you are the same rank or you play solo.

Thanks, I didn't know that second part actually. I really wish I could play solo if that was the case...

User Info: Mark1117

Mark1117
2 years ago#4
With Freelance, it seems to be averaged, but I don't think that people with different ranks can be matched together. As for friends, the quotas and difficulty seem to reflect the lowest ranked person, which would make sense considering the others can't rise in rank. If everyone's a Profreshional, then it's definitely averaged.
Switch FC:4196-6847-9490/NNID:Nin10drone
MK8D: 7000BR/Splatoon 2: Level 43, S+1 Splat Zones, S+ Tower Control, S+4 Rainmaker

User Info: datguy_60

datguy_60
2 years ago#5
nala31hitotsu posted...
RoboJezeus posted...
When playing with a friend who was 2 ranks I wanna say below me in Salmon Run, he said that the egg quota for each wave were definitely alot higher than when he went in with a random team.
So I WANNA say it scales up a bit to inbetween, because I also noticed it was a bit easier than usual on my end. Though that might've been because I was able to communicate with him and that made it easier overall.

The pay grade I have no idea, I do know that you can't rise in rank/pay-grade if you are with someone who is a lower rank than you. So you'll be locked at that pay-grade, unless you lose a round then it'll be lowered but can't be risen up unless you are the same rank or you play solo.

Thanks, I didn't know that second part actually. I really wish I could play solo if that was the case...

Even though you don't get a pay raise for grouping with someone weaker, the lower ranked player will get pay raises and promotions. If you keep playing then sooner or later they'll rank up to your level and you can start earning pay raises again. You'll still earn a ton of points since the matches will be easier (for you anyways assuming your rank is higher) and you still reap the benefits of a high pay grade.
  1. Boards
  2. Splatoon 2
  3. Salmon Run - Difficulty Averaged?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A