• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: duffnerj

duffnerj
1 month ago#1
I'm fairly early in my first playthrough and there are a trio of thugs attacking my mid battle with the dragon rising quest. No idea what the hell I did. But I can't seem to complete dragon rising g because they either attack while we are fighting the dragon or immediay after any ideas as to what is going on or how to remedy this would be appreciated.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
1 month ago#2
You stole something, whether you intended to or not. The head thug will have a note on their body signed by the person you stole from.

If it's the dragon fight at the watch tower it is possible to fall out of the hole in the wall on the second level and land on the mantle stone over the doorway to the tower. It should be impossible for the AI to follow you there and you can watch the dragon and thugs fight.

Alternatively, once you spot the thugs walk them to the nearest Giant camp. The thugs will have a really bad time as they attempt to walk through the camp.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#3
Make sure you, yourself walks around the Giant............
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

duffnerj
1 month ago#4
Wouldn't I have had to have gotten caught to trigger something like that? The only thing I've taken was the proof of life book for the grey-beards from the battle-born and it was neither seen nor red.

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#5
Books are a little strange, be careful with them as they will appear in white but only because you can read the book for free. Once you take it it can become stealing which is what happened no doubt.

And you will learn that NPC's are some what psychic and can learn of your transgressions from the other side of Skyrim. This does not usually give a bounty but the Thug thing can and will happen the one off time it does which is how many get caught out of course.
(edited 1 month ago)

duffnerj
1 month ago#6
If I manage to kill the thugs with end the bounty or will more thugs come in their stead.

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#7
There is no bounty associated with the thugs. If you ave one you have done something else to break a law. They only spawn once also.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Seal64

Seal64
1 month ago#8
Thugs are fun, though. They can be hired by anyone, even if the person hiring them never noticed you did anything wrong. I’ve been hunted down by bandits because I’d pickpocketed from a Forsworn Briarheart. Point is, I stole his briarheart (which instantly kills the guy), so somehow, he hired those thugs posthumously. I’ve also been attacked by a pack hired by Arngeir after accidentally fus-ro-dah-ing him and people have reported Paarthurnax sending a pack after them for using your breathe fire shout on him during your first meeting – which he specifically tells you to do.

There’s no bounty (since you didn’t get caught by the guards) so killing the bandits is it. Unless you commit another offense, they won’t show up again either.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A