• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do YOU use followers?

User Info: Bigdome757

Bigdome757
1 year ago#11
darkshadowspawn posted...
I was under the impression that, if your follower had engaged enemies, it removed your sneak attack capabilities.
Not at all. With a high enough or boosted sneak skill anything is possible. I often have enemies run right past me, unnoticed, and engage Lydia because Lydia has the sneak abilities of an elephant. It’s also a viable strategy to send a follower into an enemy’s view, let the enemy engage follower, then sneak up and kill em.

User Info: KTT_PlayZ

KTT_PlayZ
1 year ago#12
I just use one and then when he or she dies I go get another.
I have married Lydia so that if I go into combat she don't die.
Altho I also did that with a tonne of other people on different saves so.
Kifflom to you brother brother.

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
11 months ago#13
I've only recently started using followers to mimic Telekinesis. I found out that, if you "activate" your follower (to make them move to a position or access an item) and then hold the button you'd normally hold to drag something, you can actually manipulate items (and bodies) at a much further distance. For example, I used this tactic in Ragnvald to remove the skull keys from their pedestals while remaining at a completely safe distance.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
11 months ago#14
My two-handed great sword user has been using Jenassa. She seems to sneak along if I'm sneaking (at least she crouches down). She's great with a bow pointing quickly at the enemy which allows me to determine their position. She's gotten hung up a few times, but I just go back to where she is or worst case, reset my save.

I don't know who my character will marry but I don't want the spouse as a follower since I read if your spouse dies, you can't get remarried. I also don't make followers of my housecarls (own four houses) as I want them protecting the property.
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
10 months ago#15
In an attempt to get away from the Sneak Archer archetype I found a fair bit of fun playing a 'College of Winterhold Student' build alongside Brelyna Maryon as a follower. She has up to Adept Conjuration and utilizes flame Destruction spells. My character was focused on Conjuration and utilized Bound Sword so there was a nice tag team aspect with a party of 4(Me, Brelyna, my Atronach, her Atronach).

At some point I added Serana as an unofficial follower by not returning her home, which boosted the party count up to 6(Serana and her raised dead).
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: dorkman

dorkman
9 months ago#16
I dont use followers for my character is an unseen thief who steals everyone's weapons and clothes. Skyrim will be naked and free
Switch Friend Code: SW-1913-5660-7511 Malsvir 3DS Friend Code: 1478-6242-6652 IGN: Malsvir

User Info: sirtaj

sirtaj
3 months ago#17
Depends on what build i'm playing. I use a melee meat shield when i am ranged, and vice versa.

I always try to get a dog. i love dogs, even though they aren't particularly adept at combat. once they hit their level cap, I let them retire to a nice home and spend the rest of their days warm and loved away from the harsh, cold of skyrim

User Info: Tyras_FFF

Tyras_FFF
1 month ago#18
The first hour of every game used to be Faendel chopping wood for me while I watched Netflix so I could buy a Necklace of Waterbreathing at level one, but it seems they made helmets a lot more common since then.

I'm currently trying to get all of my skills to level 100 without killing anything because I'm bored and a little masochistic, and while a followers kills count as yours, you can still use them to clear a few quests by just dismissing them right before the combat starts.
BigDonRob
3755-2011-0667

User Info: dark_kitty091

dark_kitty091
4 weeks ago#19
I use them as pack mules because they can carry stuff over capacity if you manually tell them to grab it. I am a pack rat and on switch you can’t do mods for carrying capacity. It makes it much easier to explore places without having to make extra trips.
3DS FC: 4897-7120-5734
I play Animal Crossing and Pokemon! : )

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#20
dark_kitty091 posted...
I use them as pack mules because they can carry stuff over capacity if you manually tell them to grab it. I am a pack rat and on switch you can’t do mods for carrying capacity. It makes it much easier to explore places without having to make extra trips.
You may want to resto loop a carry weight enchantment as asking a follower to take things get a bit long winded after awhile. Of course the resto can lead to other silly things so caution is advised.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do YOU use followers?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A