You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do I fix these horrible npc spawns?

User Info: Flashthor

Flashthor
1 month ago#1
Winterhold hates me. Other towns have also hated me. I've spent hours. And i mean HOURS looking for npcs. I got one back by commiting suicide off the cliffs of the college over and over and he just appeared. The other i got lucky by loading an old save right before he disapeared forever.

Not sure if i would have ever seen him again because i looked for hoooours for the dude.

Is there a trick? A way to reset them. Move their spawn?

This glitch has been ruining the game for me. And i know its gonna come barking up my ass again

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#2
Are you doing the college questline as here is a quest that makes everyone gather in certain places in Winterhold.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: ShadowbladerX15

ShadowbladerX15
1 month ago#3
I remember one time when I spent days looking for Tolfdir after completing the College of Winterhold questline. I searched every room, including the midden.
Then, 100 hours later when I was just minding my own business, Tolfdir just magically appeared.
The balance between hope and despair is always at zero. One has to be cursed to balance out another's happiness. - Sayaka Miki

Flashthor
1 month ago#4
ShadowbladerX15 posted...
I remember one time when I spent days looking for Tolfdir after completing the College of Winterhold questline. I searched every room, including the midden.
Then, 100 hours later when I was just minding my own business, Tolfdir just magically appeared.

Yea that a****** took me hours, i just jumped off the cliff like 20 times and he popped up to watch the show. Must be a fan of suicide

And to the other poster. Thanx but I'm done with them. Got my spells and all that.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#5
Never had this problem myself but then this is Skyrim so never say never. : l
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Flashthor
4 weeks ago#6
Happened to me again. Seems like there's no solution. I'm getting tired of the game anyways

User Info: ShadowbladerX15

ShadowbladerX15
4 weeks ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
Never had this problem myself but then this is Skyrim so never say never. : l

There will never be a day without bugs.
The balance between hope and despair is always at zero. One has to be cursed to balance out another's happiness. - Sayaka Miki

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 weeks ago#8
Flashthor posted...
Happened to me again. Seems like there's no solution. I'm getting tired of the game anyways

Could be worse...you could have quests to turn into someone that disappeared. Walter from Megaton (Fallout 3) straight-up disappeared one day and I couldn't find him anywhere in town; come to find out that he (and Billy Creel, but f*** that guy) had wandered out into the glitched-out wasteland and I had to scare his ass back to town...after figuring out how to get out there in the first place.

Skyrim's NPCs don't seem to disappear regularly (the less I think of Serana, though, the better)...they just die more often.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How do I fix these horrible npc spawns?