You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
4 weeks ago#1
And you pretty much do archery training everyday with your bow and arrow. One day you fall asleep with your trusty bow and arrow and wake up with a crossbow and steel bolts and your bow and arrow missing. In stand of informing the other guards of the pickpocketed, Do you just go out training with a crossbow and having the Dragonborn get free steel bolts?
FC4399-2452-9478

Joshsun
4 weeks ago#2
That didn't last long, One day later(Real time) he is back to bow and arrow. What happen?
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: psoRanger

psoRanger
4 weeks ago#3
Maiq the Liar happened.
I do not stand by...in the presence of Evil.

Joshsun
4 weeks ago#4
psoRanger posted...
Maiq the Liar happened.

You had no ideal how hard it was to replace the guard's gear while he was sleeping lol. Mostly I would get caught when I try to switch the bow with the crossbow. He would keep waking up. So I restart, and try again. Even when I was invisible he would still wake up. Than one time, I was able to switch the bows. I need other invisible potion to redo that.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
4 weeks ago#5
Joshsun posted...
psoRanger posted...
Maiq the Liar happened.

You had no ideal how hard it was to replace the guard's gear while he was sleeping lol. Mostly I would get caught when I try to switch the bow with the crossbow. He would keep waking up. So I restart, and try again. Even when I was invisible he would still wake up. Than one time, I was able to switch the bows. I need other invisible potion to redo that.

I have no idea how hard it is because it doesn't sound hard :p
Sneak in, take bow and arrows. Drop crossbow and bolts. Done 😂
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

Joshsun
4 weeks ago#6
Prince_Hircine posted...
Joshsun posted...
psoRanger posted...
Maiq the Liar happened.

My pickpocket skills were weak lol. I am like 27 at pickpocket.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
4 weeks ago#7
Joshsun posted...
Prince_Hircine posted...
Joshsun posted...
psoRanger posted...
Maiq the Liar happened.

My pickpocket skills were weak lol. I am like 27 at pickpocket.

Ah, that explains it xD I believe NPCs will default to their default equipment... Or the cell reset/it was a different guard. Fairly sure they won't equip stuff you dump on them...
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#8
Never checked if the same Guard that practices is actually the same one each day myself. It maybe another Guard shooting the target and the other one you gave the crossbow to is galavanting around town with it in his place.

As for equipping stuff....well here it goes lol. Any weapon that is considered superior to their base weapon will be used by NPC's over their base one. They may need to be attacked to equip it but once equipped they will hold onto it for good and use it. 700+ damage Dawnbreaker + Furied NPC = dead Guards a plenty, ahem.

The problem is crossbows are ranged and Guards tend to default to their sword so if you did not take the sword as well the Guard is probably running around with the sword equipped providing he is not the same Guard at the target. ( stupid helmets lol )

If you thought it could not get more complicated, it can. As regards to Guards themselves they are not actually fixed liked named NPC's and if you spend more than three in game days away from the hold they are in they will all respawn like mobs in a dungeon and will only spawn with their basic stuff so any items you gave them will be deleted in the process.

This means in order to keep things on them you must visit the Guard within three in game days from the last time or he will reset into a new guard and lose anything you gave him. If done it is possible to get the guard to keep what ever you gave them for as long as you keep visiting before three days including Fast travel time which factors in.

If you have been Fast travelling a lot and not visiting the Guard with the crossbow he will reset into a new one of course. So if you were FT all over after collecting bolts from this Guard their is your most likely answer.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 weeks ago#9
It's common knowledge that, if you drop a paralytic in someone's pocket successfully, you can freely loot their stuff as they're standing up. My question, then, is: would it work in reverse? Could you drop off a poison and then, as they're getting up, plop the stuff you want to freely?
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#10
Of course you can. It works both ways. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!