You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Enderknight1500

Enderknight1500
1 month ago#1
I’m low level and doing a companion quest and they want me to take done some trolls I hear fire weapons are good but I am only level 9 and can’t find any. Any help would be great
(message deleted)

User Info: Enderknight1500

Enderknight1500
1 month ago#3
Ok thanks for the advice

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#4
Not true, you can decimate them easy with a little practice. Just stack cast flames from both hands as in do not hold the spell just do quick bursts as each bursts stacks the burn damage it mounts up and they quickly burn to death as you back peddle from them doing it. They also cannot regen health while burning. I can kill them at level 1 doing this and I play on Master difficulty on top.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(message deleted)

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#6
It is not actually hard to learn how to feather burn things in this game. I am not talking abut Giant jousting which does work but is highly dangerous or something. You are making out it requires reflexes or intricate timing. It just requires you touch the attack buttons enough to get a burst out consistently by tapping them while back peddling and is easy to get right after practising a bit.

The idea is to stack the burn effect such that they do not in fact regenerate any health because the amount of burn is much higher than the health regen and they simply lose health while maintaining a distance that they cannot hit you from. I assume that TC is on Adept level so wont even need full 100 magika bar to kill one with this method. Should take abut 10 to 15 seconds to down it and then it's just kill bait from that point.

It is better than telling them to run away until they are level 30 or something as you tend not to learn certain things doing that and I know this first hand from Oblivion. Ether way they can take which ever advice they feel more comfortable with as it is their game but it not bad to have other options other than run for it, surely. : )

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
1 month ago#7
Until you get your heavy armor up to a large degree, leave the trolls alone. I was running away from Frost Trolls early in the game when I was walking to meet the Grey beards.
FC4399-2452-9478
Generally just simply walking backwards while shooting Trolls with arrows or magic will eventually kill them. Trolls will stop all movements when attacking, so simply continuously waking backwards will cause all their attacks to miss.
The balance between hope and despair is always at zero. One has to be cursed to balance out another's happiness. - Sayaka Miki

Olld-Onne
1 week ago#9
You do have to be a bit careful of the double swipe attack they do as they do move forward when doing it.

User Info: Stochastician

Stochastician
6 days ago#10
Trolls are pretty easy to handle. Just ignore what they say, no matter how desperately they try to get you to react, and remember that irony is your friend. Never feed them.

As for how to play Skyrim, who the f*** knows?