You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Proventus Avenicci is cheap.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
1 month ago#11
SushiSquid posted...
Leveled rewards is a really odd system. That being said, money is never a problem in this game, so even though it's a bit silly, it won't really affect you.

No money problems, just saying a Giant should be worth more lol.

I pretty much "Buying" my way to 100 in smiting. At 81 so far. Soon I can make that sweet sweet Dragon Armor.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#12
darkshadowspawn posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
A slap in the face with a dirty glove is about what is happening. I saw the message on screen the first time I completed this request, I swear it was 100 that popped up but I must have missed a 0, surely. Nope 100 gold for a Giant kill. Looted the goddamn cheapo's bedroom after that lol.

There is a way to make Giants easy to kill even at level 1, but it does ruin them and their aura of being dangerous ever again once perfected. :/

When I first ran into them, I got one shot ing. I was like, yeah I cant beat em. Once I became a werewolf, I kinda of mow them down pretty easy. The speed and power is the giants undoing. Still I think a good 500 is worth a giants bounty.

It should be more than 100, Your right. Still you do get the Giants Toe so it sort of pays for itself with that ingredient. : )

More than, honestly...adding a Blue Mountain Flower and a Blue Butterfly Wing (which you can collect en masse along the path from Helgen) to the Toe grants you a potion with a value of 605 (even at 15 Alchemy with no perks). Use the weapon and armor they tend to have (if an upgrade) or sell them to add a bit more dosh.

That said they have ten of them and you only get one. Must be a religious thing or something. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
A slap in the face with a dirty glove is about what is happening. I saw the message on screen the first time I completed this request, I swear it was 100 that popped up but I must have missed a 0, surely. Nope 100 gold for a Giant kill. Looted the goddamn cheapo's bedroom after that lol.

There is a way to make Giants easy to kill even at level 1, but it does ruin them and their aura of being dangerous ever again once perfected. :/

When I first ran into them, I got one shot ing. I was like, yeah I cant beat em. Once I became a werewolf, I kinda of mow them down pretty easy. The speed and power is the giants undoing. Still I think a good 500 is worth a giants bounty.

It should be more than 100, Your right. Still you do get the Giants Toe so it sort of pays for itself with that ingredient. : )

More than, honestly...adding a Blue Mountain Flower and a Blue Butterfly Wing (which you can collect en masse along the path from Helgen) to the Toe grants you a potion with a value of 605 (even at 15 Alchemy with no perks). Use the weapon and armor they tend to have (if an upgrade) or sell them to add a bit more dosh.

That said they have ten of them and you only get one. Must be a religious thing or something. : )

I always attributed it to trying to find the perfect specimen...kind of like hunting for pelts.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#14
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

I always attributed it to trying to find the perfect specimen...kind of like hunting for pelts.

I assume there are like twenty other Giants on the way as they are actually all telepathic with each other and you only have time to cut off one toe or else lol.
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

I assume there are like twenty other Giants on the way as they are actually all telepathic with each other and you only have time to cut off one toe or else lol.

Nah...if that were the case, you'd be swimming in toes, lol. If they immediately showed up, it'd be tough (but not impossible) to survive; if, on the other hand, they lumbered into the area after a time, you could easily pick them off.

Now, if each death called on twenty more...
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#16
Nah...if that were the case, you'd be swimming in toes, lol. If they immediately showed up, it'd be tough (but not impossible) to survive; if, on the other hand, they lumbered into the area after a time, you could easily pick them off.

Now, if each death called on twenty more...

Well obviously it would. Even if you can beat that lot your game will probably crash eventually anyway due to overload so they always win in the end if you desire more than one toe. : )

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
3 weeks ago#17
Don't be so hard on Avenicci.
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?
Bandits - 100.
Giants - 100.
Dragons - 500.

While it may seem like a discrepancy, it actually makes sense that bandit and giant bounties are the same reward...giants don't wear armor and don't swarm you. For example, my main can clear out a giant camp with 13 shots (2 for each of two giants, 3 for each of three mammoths), while a bandit encampment can absorb at least double that (especially if the chief has Nordic armor)...and that's for a camp with 5 bandits (Robbers Gorge recently took close to 40 because of three chiefs and a total of seven bandits).
-Guru Nanak
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
3 weeks ago#19
Bandits - 100.
Giants - 100.
Dragons - 500.

While it may seem like a discrepancy, it actually makes sense that bandit and giant bounties are the same reward...giants don't wear armor and don't swarm you. For example, my main can clear out a giant camp with 13 shots (2 for each of two giants, 3 for each of three mammoths), while a bandit encampment can absorb at least double that (especially if the chief has Nordic armor)...and that's for a camp with 5 bandits (Robbers Gorge recently took close to 40 because of three chiefs and a total of seven bandits).

But when you first start out, the giants are GOD. Here I was level 5 or 6 getting killed in 1 hit.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
3 weeks ago#20
On my current playthrough, I was waiting for a specific point to start perking out my character. Was wandering around and legendary and attacked a giant. Forgot I wasn't upgraded yet (about level 60, though) and just kinda disintegrated when the giant looked at me. It was actually pretty funny.

I'm not so sure that's how the economy works, it's just that Giants and Bandits are a similar threat level to towns, so they pay you accordingly. Giants are not aggressive or coordinated, but they pack a punch. Bandits have numbers and human intelligence (well, lore-wise anyway, the game AI is bats*** crazy) but not individually strong.

Dragons are a very real danger to towns and cities. They're strong, very aggressive and (again, lore-wise) intelligent.

The payment is just a reflection of how the people of Skyrim see the threat level of the task at hand.
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Proventus Avenicci is cheap.