You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Proventus Avenicci is cheap.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
2 months ago#1
He sends me on a quest to kill a giant, so I have tried to kill Giants before, and non of this ends well for me lol. So I wolf it up for this side quest, Kill the Giants, wait until I transform back and raid the giants of any goodies. I come back and he gives me a mere 100 gold coins for the deed. Come on, they have to be worth like 500 lol. I made more money raiding the giants, than I did in completing the bounty.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
1 month ago#2
Welcome to leveled rewards. Most quests that reward gold at completion are leveled rewards (ostensibly so you aren't lacking for cash throughout the game, even without utilizing exploits or cash generation), but they don't take into account any items you may collect and sell...and giants (and their treasures) tend to carry quite a decent selection.

As for the destruction of giants, they can be difficult if they attack en masse or catch you unaware/on a plain...otherwise, you can use the terrain to your advantage quite easily. Even at early levels (1-3), they're dropped easily from range (whether spells or arrows)...if you're trying to enter melee with them, though, you become the first orbital character in Skyrim's history.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

User Info: afrodude77

afrodude77
1 month ago#3
Definitely a cheap wad only gives 500 for dragons but i went through that on potions and arrows
WAR EAGLE
---

Joshsun
1 month ago#4
afrodude77 posted...
Definitely a cheap wad only gives 500 for dragons but i went through that on potions and arrows

Just saying the royals send out a bounty for a giant or dragon or bandit, and though Dragons are ok with 500 coins I guess? I think bounty wise the Giants should of been higher. I have no problems with bandits being 100. I hardly have trouble mowing them down.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: afrodude77

afrodude77
1 month ago#5
Joshsun posted...
afrodude77 posted...

Just saying the royals send out a bounty for a giant or dragon or bandit, and though Dragons are ok with 500 coins I guess? I think bounty wise the Giants should of been higher. I have no problems with bandits being 100. I hardly have trouble mowing them down.

I feel like killing a dragon should net you a 1000 septims
WAR EAGLE
---

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#6
A slap in the face with a dirty glove is about what is happening. I saw the message on screen the first time I completed this request, I swear it was 100 that popped up but I must have missed a 0, surely. Nope 100 gold for a Giant kill. Looted the goddamn cheapo's bedroom after that lol.

There is a way to make Giants easy to kill even at level 1, but it does ruin them and their aura of being dangerous ever again once perfected. :/
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 1 month ago)

Joshsun
1 month ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
A slap in the face with a dirty glove is about what is happening. I saw the message on screen the first time I completed this request, I swear it was 100 that popped up but I must have missed a 0, surely. Nope 100 gold for a Giant kill. Looted the goddamn cheapo's bedroom after that lol.

There is a way to make Giants easy to kill even at level 1, but it does ruin them and their aura of being dangerous ever again once perfected. :/

When I first ran into them, I got one shot ing. I was like, yeah I cant beat em. Once I became a werewolf, I kinda of mow them down pretty easy. The speed and power is the giants undoing. Still I think a good 500 is worth a giants bounty.
FC4399-2452-9478

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#8
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

When I first ran into them, I got one shot ing. I was like, yeah I cant beat em. Once I became a werewolf, I kinda of mow them down pretty easy. The speed and power is the giants undoing. Still I think a good 500 is worth a giants bounty.

It should be more than 100, Your right. Still you do get the Giants Toe so it sort of pays for itself with that ingredient. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
1 month ago#9
Olld-Onne posted...
Joshsun posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

It should be more than 100, Your right. Still you do get the Giants Toe so it sort of pays for itself with that ingredient. : )

More than, honestly...adding a Blue Mountain Flower and a Blue Butterfly Wing (which you can collect en masse along the path from Helgen) to the Toe grants you a potion with a value of 605 (even at 15 Alchemy with no perks). Use the weapon and armor they tend to have (if an upgrade) or sell them to add a bit more dosh.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Proventus Avenicci is cheap.