The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Problem with my housecarls

User Info: kerstin1864

kerstin1864
4 months ago#1
Hello,
I can't give my housecarls any equipment anymore, no better weapons , nor armour.
The inventory list stays black, I can give them only arrows....
What can I do ? I need these guys well eqipped, I'm not a good fighter !!

User Info: isaac-newton

isaac-newton
3 months ago#2
Hmm... Are you telling them to follow you first, then trying to give them the equipment? Sometimes when they're just being housecarls the option to trade things won't be available.

User Info: kerstin1864

kerstin1864
3 months ago#3
Thank You for your answer, and yes I ask them first to follow me. But their inventory results full and they
can't carry more weight it says. 1 sword,1 bow and 1 shield should not hit their limit.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#4
Followers can sometimes get a glitch that causes their default armor to secretly multiply which in turn stops them being able to take anything once they go over their weight limit. As arrows are weightless they do not count of course.

The only thing you can do is to raise Pickpocket to 100 and take the last perk which allows you to steal equipped armor and simply remove all their armor to reset them which should hopefully remedy the problem.

If you are making your followers loot containers with loads of items with the take command to carry more than they can it can also mess up their carry weight permanently and is near impossible to fix by the way without mods or console commands that only PC's have.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Problem with my housecarls
  • Topic Archived