You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Switch Skyrim is the best version

User Info: Tha_Man_DS

Tha_Man_DS
3 months ago#11
iknowright posted...
I'd rather play Skyrim with no mods on Switch than a modded PC version any day.

This!
Nintendo fan!

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
2 months ago#12
I enjoy it on Switch, but I consider the PC version to be my main one because of 60 FPS. No, 30 FPS is not "not a big deal". I can get over it enough to play it on Switch since the Switch has the portability factor but I have no reason to play the Switch verion over the PC one at home
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
2 months ago#13
I gotta say using bows are so much more fun on the Switch version.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
2 months ago#14
Quagula posted...
Being able to mod Skyrim on PC only brings out the flaws.

and the flaws in skyrims fanbase in general i mean sure some them improve game
but most seem like their just fan service trash (but can call it fan service as they didnt make the game)
...shame they dont put their programing to better uses as they could make a amazing game of their own

yea.... skyrim switch probably is best console edition
i mean other versions that gave mods basically charge for them (people who made them dont profit) yea they are charging on ps4/xbox1 for mods they didnt make them selfs and mod makers make nothing from it lmao

and well odds are mods on pc would get most people into trouble
as most that add fine detail from what i seen into game tend to be questionable (going off mod review videos...) while others seem to add less detail or in general improve some of the game and graphics while leaving a large amount of items gear/npcs and a lower quality then the surroundings
destiny 2 whisper catalyst everyone should have it help them get it
owner of 500m edition ps4 41,768/50,000 (as well as every other system made yolo)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#15
It is not. Infact it has glitches not present in even the earlier gen consoles although it runs better than them of course. PS4 and Xbox 1 both have totally free mods on top. They are superior to this version, especially the Xbox 1 version which allows external assets unless you want to play on a train journey of course. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
1 month ago#16
Olld-Onne posted...
It is not. Infact it has glitches not present in even the earlier gen consoles although it runs better than them of course. PS4 and Xbox 1 both have totally free mods on top. They are superior to this version, especially the Xbox 1 version which allows external assets unless you want to play on a train journey of course. : )

The PS4 versions mods are garbage tho.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#17
knightmere122 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

They are a bit rubbish, but still more than the Switch has and some do introduce new stuff like perks and
such. And some of them can rectify a few glitches if not by pass them which is never a bad thing considering how this game can go belly up all of a sudden for no reason.

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
1 month ago#18
Olld-Onne posted...
knightmere122 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

They are a bit rubbish, but still more than the Switch has and some do introduce new stuff like perks and
such. And some of them can rectify a few glitches if not by pass them which is never a bad thing considering how this game can go belly up all of a sudden for no reason.

But that's just it. Not having mods isn't objectively inferior. Coming from hours upon hours of Skyrim on PC, I have to say I find it liberating to have to just "enjoy the base game".
I loved a lot of my mods, and I miss a fair few of them. The truth is, though, I ended up spending way more time modding the damn thing than playing it. Then finding fixes to mod conflicts or making my own stuff. It took so much time that it was nice to just get on with it.

I believe TC is arguing it's the best because of its genuinely portable nature, and on this count at least, I agree with him.

The thing that DOES hurt all the console games is lack of console commands.
Those I really do miss lol.
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#19
Prince_Hircine posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
knightmere122 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

But that's just it. Not having mods isn't objectively inferior. Coming from hours upon hours of Skyrim on PC, I have to say I find it liberating to have to just "enjoy the base game".
I loved a lot of my mods, and I miss a fair few of them. The truth is, though, I ended up spending way more time modding the damn thing than playing it. Then finding fixes to mod conflicts or making my own stuff. It took so much time that it was nice to just get on with it.

I believe TC is arguing it's the best because of its genuinely portable nature, and on this count at least, I agree with him.

That is the problem with mods though. I find those that say anyone that plays the game vanilla is a "silly person" rather strange myself. Pretty sure the game functions without mods but if you removed the game would those mods mean anything lol.

It like they don't understand that because they are in a penthouse at the top that the people at the bottom don't matter. Except if the people at the bottom were not there they would not be in a penthouse to begin with. : )

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
1 month ago#20
Olld-Onne posted...
Prince_Hircine posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
knightmere122 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

That is the problem with mods though. I find those that say anyone that plays the game vanilla is a "silly person" rather strange myself. Pretty sure the game functions without mods but if you removed the game would those mods mean anything lol.

It like they don't understand that because they are in a penthouse at the top that the people at the bottom don't matter. Except if the people at the bottom were not there they would not be in a penthouse to begin with. : )

Exactly this. Skyrim is still Skyrim, unless you stick something like Requiem on it. Bethesda still laid the foundations and built the game up. And I love it. Without the base game to add mods to, there would be nothing to mod.

A lot of QOL mods I sorely miss, Werewolf Loot for example, but otherwise it's fine. Oh, and the one that prevents bloat from f***ing dropped weapons. I hate having to pick up and store everything religiously.
Ringo / Apex Jho / Slowking / AP Officer (more Alpha than Alpha) -4U HR 999, Gens HR 450+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Switch Skyrim is the best version