Having difficulty as sword and boarder

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Having difficulty as sword and boarder

User Info: Andromicus

Andromicus
8 months ago#1
This is my first playthrough ever, I played Oblivion once years ago and so I don't have a lot of experience in the series. I went with skill points in block and one handed weapons and I don't feel like I have the defense to make up for my lack or offense or vice versa. I'm running into casters all the time and blocking does nothing and I get the crap beat out of me. I don't just want to chug potions, am I doing something wrong?

User Info: SkeddyConway

SkeddyConway
8 months ago#2
Use magic and one handed. You could use a ward in one hand (restoration) while striking with the other, or you could summon an Atronach (conjuration). I used to use destruction with my 1 handed war axe.
...It's like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd (Nintendo Switch: Skkedd)

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
8 months ago#3
blocking generally isnt useful against mages and is a huge weakness...even using the perk to half magic damage, you are still taking damage and moving super slow giving the mage time to kite you....

vs mages its best to make enchanted gear with resists as thats sword and boards biggest weakness...do book of love quest asap (its in riftens mara temple) for +15% mag res, and use either steed or lord...steed makes it so heavy armor weighs nothing and removes the move penality good until you get the weightless gear perk, light can just rush the +25% mag res...though light does get a small move penality without the weightless perk as well but its not as harsh but its there...

with the lord stone and the book of love free skill bonus you have 40% base mag resist before racials and gear which helps a lot...then you want to rush block runner so you can reduce the damage of the annoying mages while being able to reduce it by half while holding your sheld up with the perk before block runner...without block runner the enemy mages can kite you almost indefinitely even though the shield is reducing the damage to you..
MH4U :Atom HH main 5.7k uses hr999/Sonata MHGen 3.7k HH uses 3ds FC 4699-8385-62781
my MH OC: http://danmiy12.deviantart.com/art/Sonata-as-a-Palico-670554160

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
8 months ago#4
What's a boarder
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Gunz77

Gunz77
8 months ago#5
Gargomon251 posted...
What's a boarder

Shield user
Confirmed immortal, but not untouchable.
"Trump is my waifu" -GhostCenturion, 27/09/2017

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
8 months ago#6
Gunz77 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
What's a boarder

Shield user

Why not just call it "Sword and shield"?
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: vidalmoraza

vidalmoraza
8 months ago#7
Is hard against magic users, those elves with frost damage can deplete the stamina meter in seconds, and you move very slowly, I use my bow or use potions against the type and kill them with the sword
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Having difficulty as sword and boarder

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived