I fully expected Rosalina to be the end boss in Super Mario Galaxy.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. I fully expected Rosalina to be the end boss in Super Mario Galaxy.

User Info: Sega9599

Sega9599
6 months ago#1
Everything hinted towards it. Bowser upping his game with spaceships (acquired from Rosalina). Rosalinas backstory (hidden pain to jealousy that Mario is always able to regain his loved one again). The Lumas (neutral creatures manipulated by Rosa). Luigi being captured. Captain Toad always stranded. The centre of the galaxy creating a black hole leading to gaining ultimate power.

As I played the game, I started to get really excited because it seemed that this was an attempt to evolve the story and lore of the Mario games.

Sadly that wasn't what happened, and even worse, Rosalinas backstory seems to have been retconned somewhat. In Galaxy 2, when she appeared somewhat at the end of the game, i thought there might be some secret interaction with her, maybe Mario flies with her to the centre of the galaxy to discover a secret or something. But no.

I don't mind her being in Smash or Mario kart, that's to be expected. I guess Rosalina brings a touch of mystery and class or rather, dignity to the Mario universe that I miss.
Needed: New Pokemon Puzzle League, Shining Force and Left 4 Dead....

User Info: GearRandom

GearRandom
6 months ago#2
Why exactly is this on the Odyssey board
https://xkcd.com/386/ Do me a favor. Before you make *any* post on this site, read this and remember what it says.

User Info: Odyssey382

Odyssey382
6 months ago#3
GearRandom posted...
Why exactly is this on the Odyssey board

I asked the same thing about the Koopaljngs topic a few weeks ago.

User Info: Lireal2401

Lireal2401
6 months ago#4
Sega9599 posted...
Sadly that wasn't what happened, and even worse, Rosalinas backstory seems to have been retconned somewhat. In Galaxy 2, when she appeared somewhat at the end of the game, i thought there might be some secret interaction with her, maybe Mario flies with her to the centre of the galaxy to discover a secret or something. But no.

Thanks Miyamoto

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
6 months ago#5
Sega9599 posted...
Everything hinted towards it.
hm

no
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: SomeBlindGuy

SomeBlindGuy
6 months ago#6
DiogenesKC posted...
Sega9599 posted...
Everything hinted towards it.
hm

NO
I'm told I'm a good cartoonist, anything you want me to draw for you?

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
6 months ago#7
Do NOT incur the wrath of the badass Galactic Space Queen!!!
http://i.imgur.com/JUjF83V.jpg http://i.imgur.com/t28yEGj.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. I fully expected Rosalina to be the end boss in Super Mario Galaxy.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived