Did they patch the gold bar?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Did they patch the gold bar?

User Info: choabi

choabi
5 days ago#1
Im not even trying to do the glitch. Just want the bar, but I got a recipe in the lockbox instead? Anyone know anything about this?
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

User Info: Travis_LP

Travis_LP
5 days ago#2
Doesn't matter. Whole entire game is trash now. Anything you do and earn as far as money is a waste of time and they don't tell you that.

and yea the Recipe is always in there... you don't need the gold bar. Money is useless. It all gets taken away. Don't even try to play this like a video game until their terrible story is over.. then you can play it like a game.
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed"

User Info: 92tt12

92tt12
5 days ago#3
Travis_LP posted...
Doesn't matter. Whole entire game is trash now. Anything you do and earn as far as money is a waste of time and they don't tell you that.

and yea the Recipe is always in there... you don't need the gold bar. Money is useless. It all gets taken away. Don't even try to play this like a video game until their terrible story is over.. then you can play it like a game.

Youmadbro?

Story is amazing so far, god people are so spoilt these days that they don't know a good game if it hit them in the face.. Oh wait
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Travis_LP

Travis_LP
5 days ago#4
92tt12 posted...
Travis_LP posted...

Youmadbro?

Story is amazing so far, god people are so spoilt these days that they don't know a good game if it hit them in the face.. Oh wait

I mean not really... it hasn't really captivated me that much beyond the technical acheivements and it can be pretty hilarious.

None of it's funny now though that I learned they take your stuff. In my book thats an egregious error of massive proportions.

Literally the only reason I play games is for that stuff that I earn.

If they ever get real writers to write for games I might play them for the stories but that day has yet to come. Show me one game story written by anyone that's written a best selling novel or screenplay? Has that happened yet? Maybe, but I haven't heard of it. There's a reason.
"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed"

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
5 days ago#5
Travis_LP posted...
92tt12 posted...
Travis_LP posted...

Youmadbro?

I mean not really... it hasn't really captivated me that much beyond the technical acheivements and it can be pretty hilarious.

None of it's funny now though that I learned they take your stuff. In my book thats an egregious error of massive proportions.

Literally the only reason I play games is for that stuff that I earn.

If they ever get real writers to write for games I might play them for the stories but that day has yet to come. Show me one game story written by anyone that's written a best selling novel or screenplay? Has that happened yet? Maybe, but I haven't heard of it. There's a reason.

Wait, can you further explain why/how they take everything?
Taylor Swift is my Patronus.
http://wp.me/1EBnQ
You lose all your money and your horse at one point but keep all your guns clothes and items. Pretty lame but you end up making way more money.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Pyro_Yuy

Pyro_Yuy
5 days ago#7
but_hole_surfer posted...
You lose all your money and your horse at one point but keep all your guns clothes and items. Pretty lame but you end up making way more money.

So should I hold off on getting that white Arab?
Taylor Swift is my Patronus.
http://wp.me/1EBnQ

User Info: abig84

abig84
5 days ago#8
Travis_LP posted...

Good way to spoil it.

they don't take your gold thoughh so hold onto 30 bars

This game and story was awesome

User Info: Jigglybuff2

Jigglybuff2
5 days ago#9
Jeez people get salty
Rip Jigglybuff, my account of 12 years that was banned for supposedly sharing accounts with someone else, despite no proof of such transgression

User Info: caveman0887

caveman0887
5 days ago#10
Travis_LP posted...

*holds up doll* show me where on the doll this game hurt you
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Did they patch the gold bar?