• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Coming Back After 2 Years - Gold Rush

User Info: Polarzero

Polarzero
1 month ago#1
So I last played the game in April 2019. Got 100% on the single player and the only trophy I had left was Gold Rush (still needed about another 20 golds if memory served), didn't really bother with the online as it was dead at the time and it didn't look like I was going to get the plat anyway.

Now I'm reading that Gold Rush was patched in late 2019 so that you're no longer stuck with garbage stats, horse, weapons, etc, yet the various sources on it contrast in whether you have your loadout as of when you do the replay, your loadout when you did the mission the first time or a still predefined loadout but one that is better than the trash you ere given previously.

This and the fact that online is a bit more vibrant now is making me want to come back and finish the job, just wanted to check if anyone could clarify the Gold Rush thing and if it makes replays far less torturous now?

Thanks in advance!
(message deleted)

User Info: kiss_utama

kiss_utama
1 month ago#3
What I know is you keep your current horse and stats, weapon is default, but say the mission gives you lancaster and you already fully upgraded then you use your current lancaster, also it gives you some items for deadeye so it should be good.

Btw what is this deleted post #2, is it deleted or the user blocks me? because I only see deleted message.
Time I was on my way. So long.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#4
It's deleted. I don't see it either.

Now I'm reading that Gold Rush was patched in late 2019 so that you're no longer stuck with garbage stats, horse, weapons, etc, yet the various sources on it contrast in whether you have your loadout as of when you do the replay

In my experience, the replays let me use the weapons I had for the mission...I'm not sure if I can go back to missions from before I got the Bolt Action and use it there though but the Carbine Repeater's still not a bad weapon so this isn't a big deal.

I don't know how the replays used to be but I find the game pretty generous...it gives you plenty of horse stimulant to get infinite stamina if you need to race quickly for a timed challenge and the game gives plenty of chewing tobacco so I can get constant dead-aim for headshots and accuracy challenges...I can spam it for the entire mission if I want. I find these are all I really need.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Coming Back After 2 Years - Gold Rush
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A