• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Help finding the bull moose

User Info: iSystem

iSystem
1 month ago#1
Hey guys, so long story short, I'm hunting the western bull moose, specifically the one with the antlers. I'm trying to get myself a prefect one, I've only been able to find one so far, and it was at o'creags run. But it was a 2 star pelt so the search continues. Since I already hunted one in o'creags, I'm having a hard time getting any moose to spawn there for now.

I wanted to ask you guys what bull moose spots worked for you? Where did some of you guys find your bull mooses? Where else should I try to look for the bull moose? So far I tried the spot in a YouTube video called '100% bull moose spawn near Colter' but couldn't get one to spawn there and also tried lake cairn, but I can only get female moose I've there, without the antlers.
What are some places where you have been able to find a bull?

User Info: GSid

GSid
1 month ago#2
The hardest animal to spawn in the game.

Check this thread out.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/200179-red-dead-redemption-2/77411426
You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

User Info: MoeJade

MoeJade
4 weeks ago#3
I found mine just s. of Willard's Rest.
"America is mankind so in love with greed it has forgotten itself and found only appetites"

iSystem
4 weeks ago#4
Thanks @GSid , I read that thread just now, deff giving me some ideas. I'll try all the locations.
Some places tend to only give you females. I'll try lake owanjila next. Then maybe cattail pond.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GSid

GSid
4 weeks ago#5
iSystem posted...
Thanks @GSid , I read that thread just now, deff giving me some ideas. I'll try all the locations.
Some places tend to only give you females. I'll try lake owanjila next. Then maybe cattail pond.

You’re welcome. I feel for anyone trying to locate that Moose. It’s spawn rate is awful.

You're entitled to your own opinion. You're not entitled to your own facts. B4 you create a topic, use the Search Topic feature. Anti-MicroTransaction

iSystem
4 weeks ago#6
GSid posted...
You’re welcome. I feel for anyone trying to locate that Moose. It’s spawn rate is awful.
Oh yes, that's for sure. It kinda makes me sad that the only way to get a bull moose is to basically kinda cheat the game by force spawning one, because that's pretty much the only way you'll get one. You'll basically never just come across a bull moose in the wild, if you do find a moose in the wild it'll be female for sure.
I actually came across a moose one time, across from your first camp in horshoe overlook, where painted Sky is. I ran into both a grizzly beat and moose in pretty much the same spot, never seen another moose in the wild again.
So it kinda bothers me that there's no way to actually come across a moose, you have to do what you can to spawn one and then you have to kill it right on its spawn point pretty much or it'll run off and dissappear.
I had a moose dissappear on me, it ran away, the trail lasted for like 20 feet and came to an abrupt stop, like the trail that I was following just disappeared into nothing. So now I know better, if you ever find a moose you have to pretty much kind it before it gets a chance to holt or else good luck with that.

User Info: Eiztoom

Eiztoom
4 weeks ago#7
I created the topic GSid referenced and I've got an update. After many, many more visits to Lake Isabella a bull moose appeared again. I had gone there to get the white Arabian which I hadn't bothered with before. I gather from other boards that if you get the white Arabian first you won't get a moose.

More randomly, late in my second playthrough three of the bastards turned up in the small patch of land at the southern end of Lake Owanjila between where the road splits and the edge of the lake. I was so stunned that I didn't get one before they got too deep into the lake. I went to the other side to wait for them to come ashore but they just disappeared. That must have been after something like 450 hours playing the game so I wouldn't rely on that happening for you.
Currently playing Yakuza 3
(edited 4 weeks ago)

iSystem
4 weeks ago#8
Yeah I highly doubt I'm going to just come across moose in the wild, they are like the only animal you can't come across in the wild, the only way to get a bull moose is to spawn it with bait, or to abuse game mechanics to spawn it at one of its spawn points.
And yup, I heard about the bull moose by Lake Isabella, I heard that your first visit to that lake a bull moose is scripted to be there, only if you've never been there before and haven't caught the Arabian horse yet. I'm saving that encounter as a last resort sort of thing, if I can't get a bill anywhere else I'll go for the one on the lake.
An update about my hunting trip last night : managed to spawn a female moose by Lake cairn, no bulls tho. And couldn't get one anywhere else either I tried by o'creags again, because the corpse of the last bull I killed already decomposed by now, but didn't manage to spawn a moose there. Will continue my hunt tonight, tonight I'll try lake owanjila, gonna do some extensive hunting there

User Info: nnulda

nnulda
4 weeks ago#9
iSystem posted...
Yeah I highly doubt I'm going to just come across moose in the wild, they are like the only animal you can't come across in the wild, the only way to get a bull moose is to spawn it with bait, or to abuse game mechanics to spawn it at one of its spawn points.
And yup, I heard about the bull moose by Lake Isabella, I heard that your first visit to that lake a bull moose is scripted to be there, only if you've never been there before and haven't caught the Arabian horse yet. I'm saving that encounter as a last resort sort of thing, if I can't get a bill anywhere else I'll go for the one on the lake.
An update about my hunting trip last night : managed to spawn a female moose by Lake cairn, no bulls tho. And couldn't get one anywhere else either I tried by o'creags again, because the corpse of the last bull I killed already decomposed by now, but didn't manage to spawn a moose there. Will continue my hunt tonight, tonight I'll try lake owanjila, gonna do some extensive hunting there
As I mentioned to you in the other thread, The White Arabian/Moose spawn is the ONLY reliable method I have encountered.
I have done at this at least 5 times in early chapter 2 and once late game when [Didn't want the Arabian] when I was doing the item collecting.
All my other encounters have been random and interestingly always as JM in epilogue
I have tried the YouTube bait trick, and it has never worked for me.
I wish you better luck than me ;-]

"Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others. The same applies when you are stupid."

User Info: aryacooloff

aryacooloff
4 weeks ago#10
Moose
meow wow is best kh companion and this is an objective fact
"Bruce Lee didnt have anything to do with the 7 forms of lightsaber combat."_Angelalex242
  1. Boards
  2. Red Dead Redemption 2
  3. Help finding the bull moose
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A